What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: PH Balance products  (Read 5361 times)

Reese

Re: PH Balance products
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 07:16:19 pm »
... I tend to fight high Ph and low Alk, and since I started using Ph Balance, except to get my initial settings right, I never have to balance Ph or Alk.  Before, I was using between 2-3 bottles of Spa Down and about the same amount of Alk up between changes...
Gary, two questions for you:

1.  Did you focus on the pH, and only add Alk up when the pH dropped -- or did you try to build alkalinity and then have to add more acid to get the pH back down, which then required more Alk up, etc?
2.  What range do you have to get pH, Alk and Hardness to before adding the pH Balance?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 07:16:19 pm »

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 07:34:39 pm »
Reese,

1.  Before trying the Ph Balance, I would 1st get Ph set as close to 7.2 as possible, then adjust Alk.  I have played with leaving Alk everywhere between 50-150 but regardless where my Alk came out, my Ph would continue to rise until it leveled off around 8.2.  So to answer your question, yes, I would drop Ph (using Spa Down) and then raise Alk with Alk increaser.  
2.  I allow my Ph to stabilize between 7-7.2, Alk between 80-120 and Hardness at 150 for 24 hours and then dump the bottle of Ph Balance in the tub.

Jr

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 07:34:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42