What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSpring Clean Cycle  (Read 29054 times)

nlittle

• Hot Springs Prodigy 2006
Re: HotSpring Clean Cycle
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2007, 04:05:06 pm »
You guys make me think of things I wish I wouldn't worry about!
Anyway, on the prodigy there are 2 settings that run different jets.  I always keep it in the middle so all the jets are moving.  This works during the soak and on the clean cycle.
I'm getting all the "wetted" surfaces by doing this right?
I also should mention I have all the jets set to pump just water...I don't really like all the air and bubbles usually.  Is this an issue?
Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2007, 04:05:06 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2007, 04:23:32 pm »
I'm getting all the "wetted" surfaces by doing this right?
I also should mention I have all the jets set to pump just water...I don't really like all the air and bubbles usually.  Is this an issue?
Yes, you want to open the air injectors or blower or whatever you have that introduces air to the jets. Then you can say that all the "wetted" surfaces have been treated. :D You don't want any stagnent water in there growing bacteria. I even open mine up after my post soak dichlor dose.  :D

nlittle

• Hot Springs Prodigy 2006
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2007, 04:45:06 pm »
ahh...so if I have the jet setting on 1/2 so all jets get it and then each jet at half so water and air come through I will be getting everything at once....
OK....no problem
Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2007, 08:19:25 pm »
Yes, you want to open the air injectors or blower or whatever you have that introduces air to the jets. Then you can say that all the "wetted" surfaces have been treated. :D You don't want any stagnent water in there growing bacteria. I even open mine up after my post soak dichlor dose.  :D

HotSpring spas don't have blowers.  The air injectors (venturi valves) should be closed when you are not soaking.  They do not need to be open during the clean cycle or when running pumps after adding dichlor.  They do not hold water.  Your diverter valves that direct the water to the jets want to be in the middle running through all the jets.  If you happened to have a spa that had a blower, you would turn it on when adding dichlor because parts of those lines hold water.

anne

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2007, 08:30:51 pm »
OK, let me get this straight, since it seems that there are some terminology issues here:

The venturi valve is the thing that adds air to the water jets.

The blower is the separate function that is independent of the jets, and *air* bubbles out of all those little holes everywhere.

Tony, are you saying that the blower *does* get water in the air lines? If so, I was not aware of that. My blower comes on at the start of every filtration cycle, but I thought that was just to increase water movement, not to get water in the system.  I do not turn on the blower when I turn all the pumps on to add chlorine.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 08:32:05 pm by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2007, 08:41:02 pm »
Anne,

There are some spas that use the air blower to add air to the jets.  Most do not.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2007, 08:43:53 pm »
OK, let me get this straight, since it seems that there are some terminology issues here:

The venturi valve is the thing that adds air to the water jets.

The blower is the separate function that is independent of the jets, and *air* bubbles out of all those little holes everywhere.

Tony, are you saying that the blower *does* get water in the air lines? If so, I was not aware of that. My blower comes on at the start of every filtration cycle, but I thought that was just to increase water movement, not to get water in the system.  I do not turn on the blower when I turn all the pumps on to add chlorine.

Anne

Yes, the venturi valve is the thing that adds air to the water jets and the blower on most spas that have one is a separate function that adds air through its own air jets.  These jets are under water and the lines contain spa water back to a point.  Your blower comes on at filtration cycles to clean the lines of unsantized water.  I turn my blower on for a few minutes when I add chlorine.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 08:47:24 pm by tony »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2007, 08:48:10 pm »

HotSpring spas don't have blowers.  The air injectors (venturi valves) should be closed when you are not soaking.  They do not need to be open during the clean cycle or when running pumps after adding dichlor.  They do not hold water.  Your diverter valves that direct the water to the jets want to be in the middle running through all the jets.  If you happened to have a spa that had a blower, you would turn it on when adding dichlor because parts of those lines hold water.
Tony, my Jacuzzi has push button air injectors. Do you know if they hold water? I was under the impression they did. Please tell me that I haven't been turning them on for no reason when adding dichlor. :-[

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2007, 08:58:10 pm »
Tony, my Jacuzzi has push button air injectors. Do you know if they hold water? I was under the impression they did. Please tell me that I haven't been turning them on for no reason when adding dichlor. :-[

No they don't.  The buttons take the place of valves on most spas.  There are tubes that go from the equipment compartment to the jets that introduce air to the water jets.  The buttons open and close the shutoffs to the air.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2007, 09:03:09 pm »

No they don't.  The buttons take the place of valves on most spas.  There are tubes that go from the equipment compartment to the jets that introduce air to the water jets.  The buttons open and close the shutoffs to the air.

Thanks Tony. :D  I wish somebody would have told me that 12 weeks ago. :-/

anne

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2007, 11:39:51 pm »
ok, so the button that I push that results in air bubbles coming out of all the little holes separate from the jets is not a "blower"? Does any water get in that system?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2007, 11:51:18 pm »
ok, so the button that I push that results in air bubbles coming out of all the little holes separate from the jets is not a "blower"? Does any water get in that system?

The button you push that results in air bubbles coming out of all the little holes separate from the jets sounds exactly what I have and is a blower.  Water does get in that system.

Why Not has a Jacuzzi Spa that uses a mechanical button rather than a little dial or lever that adds the omph to the jets.  There is no motorized blower on that system nor are there little holes that make bubbles.  What you have sounds like an electronic button that starts a motorized blower that sends air to a lot of small little holes and makes a lot of bubbles in the water.

anne

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2007, 11:57:47 pm »

The button you push that results in air bubbles coming out of all the little holes separate from the jets sounds exactly what I have and is a blower.  Water does get in that system.

Why Not has a Jacuzzi Spa that uses a mechanical button rather than a little dial or lever that adds the omph to the jets.  There is no motorized blower on that system nor are there little holes that make bubbles.  What you have sounds like an electronic button that starts a motorized blower that sends air to a lot of small little holes and makes a lot of bubbles in the water.

Yes, it is an electronic button, on the control panel like all the others, and it sends air to lots of little holes, resulting in my tub looking like a bubbling cauldron. (I also have a mechanical valve that I turn to introduce air into the jets, but that is different.) I did not realize that water got in there (the bubbler thing), so I guess I should turn that button on as well when I add chlorine? Thanks Tony!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2007, 12:00:09 am »

Yes, it is an electronic button, on the control panel like all the others, and it sends air to lots of little holes, resulting in my tub looking like a bubbling cauldron. (I also have a mechanical valve that I turn to introduce air into the jets, but that is different.) I did not realize that water got in there (the bubbler thing), so I guess I should turn that button on as well when I add chlorine? Thanks Tony!

:)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2007, 12:00:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42