What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: CoverMate II for Hot Springs?  (Read 2919 times)

katyana

CoverMate II for Hot Springs?
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:20:29 am »
OK HS experts out there....  Do CoverMate II lifters fit HS Vanguards?  

I am thinking about getting one with the deck mount.  Has anyone had experience with those?  Good?  Bad?    

Suggestions for other cover lifters?  I am looking for something that is really unobtrusive (does not block my view) and is not attached/screwed into the tub cabinet.   Many Thanks!  

Hot Tub Forum

CoverMate II for Hot Springs?
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:20:29 am »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: CoverMate II for Hot Springs?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 04:43:17 am »
Yes, it will fit a Vanguard.
Keep in mind that it will still stick up about 18'' over the tub.
I'm not sure if anyone makes a lifter that will enable you to have absolutely no obstuction of view.
If you don't want it to stick up at all, maybe just bypass the lifter altogether and just get a cover stand.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 03:25:41 pm by WHY_NOT »

katyana

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 10:21:48 am »
Thanks Why Not.   The cover stand looks good too.  We have a lot of wind here so I was thinking that the lifters would help keep the cover from getting knocked over while I am using the tub.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 11:12:44 am »
  The cover stand looks good too.  

I'm familiar with that cover stand but I wouldn't pay more than $5 for one of those. That way you can at least get 10% of your money back a few months later when it sits on your driveway during your garage sale! TO ME, the convenience of a cover lifter FAR outweighs any reluctance to having to screw it into the panel. I don't like the looks of door handles on my car either but they sure make it more convenient for entering.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 11:13:35 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 02:15:38 pm »

I'm familiar with that cover stand but I wouldn't pay more than $5 for one of those. That way you can at least get 10% of your money back a few months later when it sits on your driveway during your garage sale! TO ME, the convenience of a cover lifter FAR outweighs any reluctance to having to screw it into the panel. I don't like the looks of door handles on my car either but they sure make it more convenient for entering.  ;)

I completely agree.  I don't know how you could own a spa without a cover lifter.  The Covermate II stores the cover about as low as you get.

dkersten

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 06:35:00 pm »
Personally, I love my covermate3.. it has hydraulic assist for the lift making removal of the cover a one handed job that even my kids can do when there is 6 inches of snow and ice on the cover.  It stays up in all wind that I have encountered, but it also has a very heavy duty wind lock that prevents it from closing in very high winds.  Most of all, it is nearly flush to the hot tub and mounts just below the shell so that you can butt the tub up to a deck or whatever without having to worry about clearance.

The only downside is that the cover sits 2 or 3 feet above the level of the tub when open, but I actually like this as it blocks the wind from the west for me and provides that much more privacy.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 06:35:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42