What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NEW product. What do you think?  (Read 3308 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
NEW product. What do you think?
« on: January 11, 2007, 04:37:35 pm »
I don't sell this. It's not from HotSpring.

I just found it to be interesting and thought I would post it.

Aside from the fact that they might want to sign up some professional models, what do you think?

http://www.theeztop.com
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 04:42:59 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

NEW product. What do you think?
« on: January 11, 2007, 04:37:35 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: NEW product. What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 04:42:08 pm »
Clever.

I'd be curioius on 1) price 2) R value of cover 3 ) noise.  But I doubt I'd drop any money on it.  but then again, I've come to the realization that  I'm a pretty cheap guy. Plus it just looks like it's missing something....
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 04:43:08 pm »
Quick thought before I go off to read the website., If you host frequent parties in  your back yard and your annoyed by boneheaded friends and family who want to put their drinks or lard butts on your cover, this might be good for you.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 05:02:13 pm »
I'll buy one right now......

If that hot blonde comes with it!

http://www.theeztop.com/index.html

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 05:15:32 pm »
I checked them out in Vegas,thought it was pretty cool,the cost was not.  If I remember right I think cost alone was in the 4 to 5000 range not sure what mark up would be prolly retail around 7 to 8000.  I am not positive on that cost though.

The one thing I noticed was there is alot that could go wrong with it lots of moving parts ect/ect I also did not like how it sat on the acrylic he said it wouldnt scratch but any of the bowling ball finishes I think it would over time.

The price is way to much for it.    It is a cool idea though someone will make it better and hopefully come in at a lower cost.

I should add the girl in green was not there :'(  The other two I believe are the owners they look familiar.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 05:17:16 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 05:29:32 pm »
I talked with them extensivly in Vegas. the $4000 - $5000 was estimated retail cost.... They also weigh 900 pounds!
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 06:18:55 pm »
Interesting....but not THAT interesting! That's the better part of the cost of a new tub!!
If I'm seeing this correctly, it's basically the same idea as a roll-down style overhead door for a shed or garage...only horizontal...I think I'll stick with the standard 2 part cover and lift system. MUCH cheaper, and if I really don't want people sitting on the tub, I'll smack 'em around or take the step away from the side.
"at that price, it had better drive me to and from work, do the grocery shopping and tell me how great I look every morning"
RIP C-Rod

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 11:15:53 pm »
Rumor was that HS was working with the manufacturer of the cover as an exclusive. Must not have been good enough, or cost prohibitive- do you think?
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 11:21:33 pm »
Aside from the fact that they might want to sign up some professional models, what do you think?

If you gave me a free one, I still wouldn't use it. :D

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 07:38:53 am »
Hey, if you were throwing a party, it could double as a dance floor!

Maybe a couple of gogo dancers up there before a soak  ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 09:01:25 am »
That cost is crazy.

Take a garage door opener for a few hundred bucks retail, a cabinet and a flexable cover made from slats...hell my gagrage door opener idea will even have a handy remote so you can open and close it while in in the house.

I figured the price would be around $1000. (ie the cost of a cover, gararge door opener, and a cheap box).
07 Caldera Geneva

loosenupspas

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 09:16:06 am »
Nice looking......ahhhhh.....Coleman Hot Tub though.  Can you dance on it.....have a Disco night party to recoup the cost.  The older couple appears to be getting just a little wasted as the photo shot proceeds.  

anne

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 03:15:01 pm »
It seems like every one of the joints between the slats would be like the seam in the center of a standard cover, letting a little heat out. And without any flaps on the sides, it just does not look like it would insulate well. I'm with WHYNOT. It looks sort of flimsy and cheap. I wouldn't take it if it were free.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hammster

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »
I like that the spa has a TP holder on the right side of the cabinet. That should be helpful for that girl that keeps losing her bowels in the hot tub.  ::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42