What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water in cover?  (Read 7643 times)

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
Re: Water in cover?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 07:07:28 pm »
Doc:  The puddle has been there since the beginning.  It doesn't seem to be getting bigger.  Noone here has sat on it, but I guess during the transport or install one of the installers could have, although I'd think they would know better...  I haven't looked for the flap that you mention, but will take a look this weekend.  Thanks for hte input!!  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 07:07:28 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 07:18:06 pm »
MX,
  Unfortunately, your cover lifter is not a hotspring lifter. Cores only are covered- no labor.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 01:43:24 am »
Check if the corners of the cover are sitting on the spa. Push down on them slightly. They shouldn't move. Then check the center of the side where the puddle is. If the corners aren't sitting on the spa, but the center is, I'm betting the foam is warped. YES! The foam can warp. Steam is used in the manufacturing process of the foam, and if it's not dried properly during the manufacturing process, the foam can warp shortly after it's sliced off the larger block of foam. Typically the warping can be unnoticeable, except for the puddling like you have.

Unfortunately, I know from experience, that the manufacturer from where I believe the foam came from, has had, in the past, problems with properly drying their foam.

Flipping the cores might solve the puddling problem, but then the center of the cover wont be sitting on the spa. This "gap" allows for a bit more heat to escape. Oh, and if the foam is warped, there's no way to un-warp it.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 11:41:22 pm »
Pool_boy:  Interesting that the lifter is not a HS product.  That's what the HS dealer sold and installed with the spa. I never considered that my HS dealer would include off brands if it would compromise the warranty.    I'd bet he'll take care of the labor costs if it came down to replacing the cover.  He's been good so far...   Good catch though!!  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 11:41:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42