What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: remote pannel  (Read 3145 times)

cobra

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
remote pannel
« on: January 01, 2007, 12:20:58 pm »
Has anyone had problems with pannel .I am on 2 pannel. HS vanguard 1 year old. HS says on back order. Also cannot keep rotating jets in keep falling out. You would think HS could replace pannel. Been out 10 months. I am speaking about pannel on top of side not main pannel.

Hot Tub Forum

remote pannel
« on: January 01, 2007, 12:20:58 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: remote pannel
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 12:26:58 pm »
10 months in absurd! They (watkins) back order them on occasion, like a week or two. You aren't on your dealer's "BAD CUSTOMER LIST?" If not, time to light a fire!  
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

cobra

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 01:45:09 pm »
CONTACTED HS said they got somr defected pannels. Told dealer take pannel off floor model. Did not go for that. If HS cannot handle busniess better go to another brand. thanks for reply

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 02:18:32 pm »
At this point it is a dealer issue.  They can get the panel.  They can replace the panel. Call the factory tomorrow.  Talk to customer service.  They will put some heat on the dealer.   >:(
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: remote panel
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 08:04:22 pm »
Cobra, it sounds like a dealer issue if you're talking about a failed Auxiliary panel. Mine was replaced within two days. I believe the factory has resolved the Aux panel problem.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

BearBath

• Ya snooze Ya Lose
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 08:47:39 pm »
Yeesh... I hope so. My auxillary panel is out again. Second time. It is a pain to pull away the steps so they can service the tub (HS Grandee). I know this made the rounds of the forum threads a while back, (Like 4 months!) I have had my panel replaced since then and the replacement has now failed. Come on, Watkins!! Called it in last week and they are coming tomorrow. (Service is pretty quick from the dealer)
Cheers,
BearBath
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 08:48:24 pm by BearBath »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 10:59:54 am »
If there was one thing I could wave a magic wand over, it would be this issue.

And I know for a fact that the entire Watkins management team would agree with me. They have said as much in letters and other official communications.

The only thing I have to add is this: if your dealer is replacing an Aux panel, be sure it has a blue label on it. We were authorized to return a box full of the Yellow Label panels at no charge, and the panels with the Blue Labels seem to be doing much better in the field.

I know they have had trouble with this, but I am sure they will come through for us. It is a quick, ten-minute job to replace this item, and I have yet to have anyone not be covered by warranty on it, but I fully acknowledge that it is a pain to have any problems with your spa.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 09:16:29 pm »
I'm on my 3rd aux panel since I got my Grandee in August.

I don't really mind because my dealer rocks.  They are out to replace it within 2 days of my call, always friendly.

I got to think this is costing HS and my dealer a lot of $$, though.

-geekd

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: remote panel
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 10:09:30 pm »
My second Aux Panel has been working great so far. I wasn't around to verify if it has the blue sticker but I'm assuming it was because it was fairly recent. I'm curious to know what the cause of the failure was for the yellow tagged units?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

BearBath

• Ya snooze Ya Lose
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 06:11:29 am »
The repair guy was out yesterday and replaced the panel. I'm not hopeful, though, as his parting comment was that he was sure he would be back to replace it again! If this has so much attention at Watkins, why is the failure mode not diagnosed? Why keep installing panels they know will fail? Why not issue a general recall, or at least a service notice? The design for my installation makes it really a pain to clear the way to get into the service panel, and I bought a Hot Spring because I did not want to have lots of repairs.
Sorry, just blowing off steam!
BearBath

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 11:09:56 am »
OK, you fianlly got the replacement part.  Now your problem is the frustrated service guy couldn't keep his moth shut.  He may or may not be correct.  But he has set you up to expect failure.

As a dealer, like Chas, I am frustrated.  Problem for Hot Spring is they are relying on an outside vender.

You can always buy a remote control and you won't need the auxilary panel. ::)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 11:26:17 am »
You can always buy a remote control and you won't need the auxilary panel. ::)

Ooh! Good answer!

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 11:29:15 am »
*LOL* cute....well, a few weeks back I noticed that one of the black plastic buttons had fallen off the aux panel. I looked high and low, and behold! I found it resting comfortably in the MotoMassage cubbyhole....I don't know how to open it to get at the button, and I've decided SCREW IT, let it sit there, it's not hurting anything...I did call my dealer about this, and his wife (co-runner of the store, on the girly end of things) said that her hubby had just ordered a new unit, instead of trying to repair the current one. I know they're currently on vacation, and am waiting to hear if they've received the new one yet.
I also found out that although pretty, the chrome pieces on the MotoMassage (on the '06 Grandee) aren't "permanently" secured, as the glue has let loose on at least one of these items....Is that why the '07 models that I've seen don't have these anymore? I know that if they give me issues I can just remove them, is the plastic back plate the same underneath as the non-chromey ones?
I figure if this is the worst of my problem with the tub, I'm still on high ground... ;)
Oh, and another thing....I LOVVVVVVVVVVE electronic gadgets...dunno why, I just do...how much does it cost to get the remote, and is there any use for it if I don't have the stereo?  I'd LOVE the stereo option, I just can't justify that much money spent unless it can take me to work and cook me dinner, as well.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 11:31:02 am by Tatooed_Lady »
RIP C-Rod

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 11:44:27 am »
*I also found out that although pretty, the chrome pieces on the MotoMassage (on the '06 Grandee) aren't "permanently" secured, as the glue has let loose on at least one of these items....Is that why the '07 models that I've seen don't have these anymore? I know that if they give me issues I can just remove them, is the plastic back plate the same underneath as the non-chromey ones?

If the stainless piece is loose and wants to come off I'd advise you to remove it. The back sides to those can be sharp and if it comes off without you knowing about it and you maybe sit/step on it, ouch!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 11:44:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42