What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension One Lotus Bay  (Read 5130 times)

hlstavn

Dimension One Lotus Bay
« on: January 06, 2007, 04:03:43 pm »
I just put in a new D1 Lotus bay and thought I would pass along my comments both good and bad. It is an impressive looking spa with its curved edges. It is deeper than most spas at about 40 inches. It has two neck jet pillows. The lighting system is quite attractive and the fountain pleasant. I did wet test some tubs and there is some value to that in  that I rejected some doing that but you really need to spend some time in them more than 5 minutes and thoroughly test them out in every detail. What probably happens is people just buy the third one they test. This spa claims to have one 2 speed moter, two one speed motors and 2 circ pumps. However what I notice is that each of the 3 jet pumps either has just an on or off. I do not find any two speed jet seats which I would  find desirable. Sometimes you want full power but sometimes if you want to hang out there you want some jet action  but not off. The captains chair has two jets under your thighs, two behind your calfs and two on your feet plus two under your hands. Very nice. And it does have a sequencer which is cool. You are in this seat too far from the volcano which you can only reach by slideing down and stretching over.  A complaint I have and one thing I now understand more clearly is that it is not the number of jets a spa has but also the size of the jets. Most of the jets in this spa are small ones and do not align  along the spine and I find that a design flaw. When counting jets I would count the smaller ones as a 1/2 or even 1/3 in comparison. THe captains chair is good on the upper back and shoulders but not the lower back. The neck flex pillows are interesting in that they shoot down on your neck and shoulders and although I saw that as a selling point I don't think it is any better than a good set of high jets you can slide down into. Moving to the left corner those jets are good on the lower back once again just on or off.  The small jets in the high middles seats are not much use. Moving again to the next left corner that seat has a lower moderate flow if you want to hang out. Moving again to the left I havent used this seat as much but these are larger jets that align along the spine.  The architecture is semi open- more like bucket seats so you will not find it easy to sit next to someone and hang out. You do have to filter a couple times a day and you do hear the filter pumps go on- they are not silent.
This is a beautiful very good spa but it does have flaws. The flaws are a lack of speed control on the jets, having to stretch for the volcano jet, two many small pinpoint jets and not enough medium size and larger jets, and a dearth of jets that aim at the spine. Lastly the temp control tops out at 104. AFter a while you do heat up and are comfortable with this but if you are used to really hot this doesnt get there. a control that went to 106 would be better so people could chose. When you come out of this you feel like spaghetti. Oh ya and the dealer is critical.
Hollis

Hot Tub Forum

Dimension One Lotus Bay
« on: January 06, 2007, 04:03:43 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Dimension One Lotus Bay
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 04:19:41 pm »
Congratulations on your new Lotus Bay!
I couldn't agree with you more about jet counts. That's probably the biggest misconception when purchasing a tub.
If you don't mind me asking I'm curious what the price tag was on this beaut?
Thanks

« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 04:20:30 pm by WHY_NOT »

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 07:58:04 pm »
Congrats -- thats an impressive tub for sure.  Post some pics of your setup, and with the light package on -- I always like seeing those!
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 07:58:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42