What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J-355 Filter Cover Question  (Read 4968 times)

Tyheethan

• Jacuzzi J-355
J-355 Filter Cover Question
« on: January 03, 2007, 10:42:12 am »
Ever since my J-355 was first filled (2+ weeks ago), the filter cover has never "snapped" into place and sort of "floats".   It is not freefloating as it stays in place but more just goes up and down depending upon what is happening in the tub.  It does not appear to be a big problem, but I wanted to find out if this is normal.

For purposes of this discussion and for lack of better terminology knowledge on my part, what I am calling the filter cover is the hard shell made out of the same materials as the spa, holds the pre-filter netting material, and has a Jacuzzi branded grate in it that the water flows through enroute to the two filters.

As I am still learning spalinguistics, I hope this make sense.... :o

Hot Tub Forum

J-355 Filter Cover Question
« on: January 03, 2007, 10:42:12 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: J-355 Filter Cover Question
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 11:01:54 am »
Does it bang around; make any noise?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 11:17:24 am »
tyheethan,

Yes my J-345 has that problem and I have heard of many more people with the same issue.

Some folks have added something (like duct tape) to the clips to make them fit tighter. It seems to help somewhat.

Steve

Tyheethan

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 12:08:18 pm »
Thanks for the quick replies.  

To respond to hottubdan--no it does not make any sound-simple floats up and down from time to time.  It appears it still stays in its proper area, it simply does not "click" or "lock" into place.

Also, thanks svspa for the input.  Did you try the duct tape method?  

I have not yet talked to my dealer about it.  I wanted to get as much input from you all as I could in an attempt to be as educated as possible from other end users.

Thanks!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 01:25:18 pm »
 I have seen this happen a few times,we usually replace the clips that attach to the spa or ONLY if the customer is alright with this we put a couple wraps of electrical tape on the two psc towards the end that are attached to the filter lid its self.  While I dont like doing this and we have only done it twice with no problem it does work.

Call your dealer and see what he comes up with for you.

Tyheethan

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 01:32:14 pm »
Thanks JJim.

I talk to my dealer, see what they have to say, and post my findings.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 02:41:42 pm »
Ever since my J-355 was first filled (2+ weeks ago), the filter cover has never "snapped" into place and sort of "floats".   It is not freefloating as it stays in place but more just goes up and down depending upon what is happening in the tub.  It does not appear to be a big problem, but I wanted to find out if this is normal.

I have had a J-345 for apr. 9 weeks and have taken off the the filter cover probably 15x. So far so good. It has always snapped back in with no problem and has never floated. I hope it's not something that will be an issue down the road. If the clips start to loosen I'll probably get some new tighter ones from my dealer and replace them.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 03:39:53 pm »
In my experience selling Jacuzzi a couple of years back, the slight floating of was fairly normal.  It does not effect function, so, if it does not bother you, I would leave it alone.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Tyheethan

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 04:07:51 pm »
Thanks Dan for the input.  It does not appear to be affecting the performance of the spa and it does not bother me (as much as it bothers my wife ;)) so I am more apt to leave it alone.  

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 04:56:10 pm »
Mine does the same thing, except for when either or both pumps are on then it is sucked down tight. It has never floated off the clips, I've never thought much of it.

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 11:11:05 am »
tyheethan,

yes i have added some tape to the clips on mine, it does seem to help.

steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 11:11:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42