What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Let me be the first to say.....  (Read 12112 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Let me be the first to say.....
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2007, 03:12:27 pm »
I can totally understand the need for a gun for protection as I live in St. Louis. Which has the highest murder rate per capita in the country.  

[size=22]Am I really the only one that see's the problem with this sentence?  ::)[/size] It's almost comical... :D

Oh and Vlady...It's not that I "don't get it" as you stated, it's that I don't agree with you. If you feel the need to be viewed as more intelectual to those who don't agree with you, please play that game with someone else. I get more than you might presume and since you didn't ask my level of understanding on this matter, please don't assume my knowledge or lack thereof.

I respect your posistion Chas and I would never suggest that anyone should or shouldn't own a weapon based on their own decisions and position. It's not that I'm against guns at all. I don't own one but I certainly don't take the stand that no one else should either. I just posed that for some deeper thought and insight into why someone would want to.

My love for my family and willingness to protect them is no different than anyone else here. I just hope that those of you who do own a gun, are fully trained and understand that many weapons are turned on their owners in a confrontation.

On that happy note... have a wonderful 2007 everyone and may it be filled with much success health and happiness for you all! :)

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2007, 03:12:27 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2007, 03:25:31 pm »

[size=22]Am I really the only one that see's the problem with this sentence?  ::)[/size] It's almost comical... :D
Steve

This is a hot tub forum, so I'll just  :-X :-X :-X.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2007, 04:35:21 pm »
God Bless America and thank goodness for the wisdom and foresight of the Founding Fathers to include the Second Amendment in the Constitution.

I rang out the old year by unleashing a heavy barrage of firepower on some criminally minded plastic jugs and boards.  My brand new highly tactical AR-15 hummed along without missing a beat!

I hope and pray I never have to use my firearms to protect myself, my family, or my friends.....but thank goodness I still retain that right to self defense!  It makes me scratch my head in bewilderment when I read about people who are afraid to do everything they can to protect their families or place their faith in law enforcement to protect them.  As wonderful as the men and women who serve in this capacity are, they can't be everywhere....and they'll be the first to tell you so.  I'm just doing my part to help. :)

Happy New Year!

Terminator
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 04:35:43 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2007, 04:59:00 pm »
I bet 99% of Americans who own a gun would be traumatized for LIFE if they ever had to use it...

I imagine I would be completely traumatized as would any other sane, reasonable person.  I would also be completely traumatized if some degenerate broke into my home, raped my wife and daughter, and I didn't shoot the cokksukker in the head when I had the chance.  That's something I could not live with.  

There's no need for guns...there's just a desire to USE IT is all.

Absolutely wrong.....it is a RIGHT guaranteed by the United States Constitution....it's something that we American citizens retain.  Subjects have little concept of it.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2007, 05:23:50 pm »

Absolutely wrong.....it is a RIGHT guaranteed by the United States Constitution....it's something that we American citizens retain.  Subjects have little concept of it.

Terminator

And it's THAT right that has driven the murder and overall crime rate to unprecedented heights as most crimes and murders are committed with the use of a gun. It's an interesting rock and hard place eh? ;)

I just question the mentality of this outcry of murders and therefore we should all arm ourselves? The thinking is that this will LOWER the murder rate? :-?

Again Term, you love your wife and daughters no less than I love mine I'm sure. That's not the debate.

I don't see anyone changing the others mind here but thanks for the debate on this. It also has nothing to do with spas so I move on!  :-X

Steve

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2007, 07:11:54 pm »
I just hope that those of you who do own a gun, are fully trained and understand that many weapons are turned on their owners in a confrontation.
I agree with the part about being fully trained. Completely.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2007, 09:11:44 pm »
I've read that 97.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This is a huge debate, and I don't expect everyone to agree, that just won't happen. But it's interesting to see how hotly people defend their viewpoint....If it works for you, more power to ya....Which reminds me of : "An' it harm none, Do what ye will".  
Still no tubbin' for '07.  >:(
RIP C-Rod

anne

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2007, 02:57:02 am »
God Bless America and thank goodness for the wisdom and foresight of the Founding Fathers to include the Second Amendment in the Constitution.

Term, I absolutely respect your right to own a firearm, but nothing irks me more than when people have to pull out that ol' "second amendment" argument. That was written for a MUCH different time than this, and the society THEN than dictated it as reasonable no longer exists. Just because an antiquated part of our constitution says everyone CAN "bear arms" DOES NOT mean that one SHOULD. Applying the second amendment to today's world is just manipulation of our constitution to justify a means.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2007, 02:57:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42