What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Waterproof radios  (Read 4107 times)

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
Waterproof radios
« on: December 21, 2006, 11:20:45 am »
My wife and I - like most folks - opted against paying a grand for a built in stereo, but it would be nice to have some tunes in the tub. Does anyone know of any sources for waterproof radios that can be used in or around a spa? We have a floating (cordless of course) one on order from spadepot.com that looks good but they seem to be far and few between in the market. Any options out there in case we don't like this one when it's used the day after Christmas? Continually running a boom box with extension cord out to our tub is a hassle (especially in cold weather) so a little portable with a decent sound is all that we're looking for.

Hot Tub Forum

Waterproof radios
« on: December 21, 2006, 11:20:45 am »

Matt Foley

Re: Waterproof radios
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 11:33:29 am »
Now from what I hear, you're usng your paper not for writing but for rollin' doobies! You're gonna be doing alot of doobie rolling when you're living in a van down by the river!

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 11:34:18 am »
I have seen radios for the shower you might look into those.

SpaNE

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 06:56:23 pm »
Why don't you get some waterproof speakers from Bose (or another brand) and hook them up to the B speaker terminals on your home stereo?

GoWyoGo

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 01:49:05 am »
Agree with SpaNE...
Thats exactly what we did @ our last house. It worked great. Much better sound in my opinion. The only downfall I can see with this option is lack of ability to adjust volume once you are in the tub(not a problem for me tho).
Even if you don't want to run off your receiver, you could pickup a 2nd cheap receiver dedicated just to your tub, and still be well ahead of the price for a pre-instaled tub stereo.

I know this is the direction i am gonna go when i get a spa for our new place.
"Beauty is in the eye of the Beer holder"

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 01:49:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42