What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm sticking with Nature2  (Read 3660 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
I'm sticking with Nature2
« on: December 15, 2006, 06:28:57 pm »
ITs been a one year test I bought 3 Nature2 packs on Ebay for $45 last year and used each one for 4 months as directed.  Its totally unscientific, but I say for certain, my water conditions the past year have been the best over. When I did my last change in early November the water was just over 3 months old, but it looked as crisp as new. I ony changed because I feared if a cold snap occured I wouldn't have the opportunity to do so again for awhile.

It could be argued that having owned my tub for more than 3 years now I am more experienced in water care.  But I think I'll keep using it for another year, I just bought 3 more.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

I'm sticking with Nature2
« on: December 15, 2006, 06:28:57 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: I'm sticking with Nature2
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 08:09:51 pm »
A round of applause for Nature2 ;D :D ;) :)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 10:33:30 pm »
How does it work? Similiar to bromine or chlorine (or neither)? If it's easy, I'm all for it. I think you should change your water again this week, apparently it ensures warm weather!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 05:50:29 am »
How does it work? Similiar to bromine or chlorine (or neither)? If it's easy, I'm all for it. I think you should change your water again this week, apparently it ensures warm weather!

N2 is a mineral cartridge that is inserted in your filter to allow for water flow past it. The minerals supplement a good chlorine regimen and give you a bit more leway allowing you to (being carefull how I put this) adjust your chlorine additions between uses.
Retired

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 09:59:44 am »
Thanks Tman, I did have a spa frog when I first got my tub. I need to try another now that I have got the hang of things.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 10:55:30 am »
ITs been a one year test I bought 3 Nature2 packs on Ebay for $45 last year and used each one for 4 months as directed.  Its totally unscientific, but I say for certain, my water conditions the past year have been the best over. When I did my last change in early November the water was just over 3 months old, but it looked as crisp as new. I ony changed because I feared if a cold snap occured I wouldn't have the opportunity to do so again for awhile.

It could be argued that having owned my tub for more than 3 years now I am more experienced in water care.  But I think I'll keep using it for another year, I just bought 3 more.

I am with you, Bill.  I feel it actually does more for your water than ozone.

txwillie

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 10:59:21 am »
is N2 similar to the SpaFrog?

txwillie

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 11:01:43 am »
is N2 similar to the SpaFrog?

txwillie

Very similar.  The Frog is silver and limestone while N2 is silver and copper.  In both cases the silver is main ingredient.  Your can use the Frog with bromine or chlorine, N2 only chlorine.

txwillie

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 11:09:03 am »
Hmmm.....

Had a Marquis with built in SpaFrog and Bromine cartridges. Had less than stellar results with bromine. Di-clor and no frog worked better for me

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 11:14:24 am »
Hmmm.....

Had a Marquis with built in SpaFrog and Bromine cartridges. Had less than stellar results with bromine. Di-clor and no frog worked better for me

I'm not crazy about the built in cartridges nor the double floater they sell.  I like the oringinal in the filter compartment with your normal bromine system.  You could also use it with the two part bromine system if you like.

Have you tried dichlor with a frog or N2?

anne

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 01:03:20 pm »
I dont have the length of experience that you do, but I would say that over my 3-4 month intervals with vs without N2 so far, I agree with your results. I never really tried to add less chlorine, but my water is easier to balance, and I can go at least a couple of days with no use/no chems added, and not worry at all. Granted, the ozone is part of the equation, but I'll be buying N2 again.

And a 3 pack for $45? Love you, Doc, but I may be checking out Ebay!!!!! ;)
Dance like nobody's watching

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 02:50:47 pm »
can you use it with bromine tubs???

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006, 02:53:07 pm »
can you use it with bromine tubs???

You can use a Frog with bromine tubs.  You cannot use N2 with bromine.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 02:55:38 pm »
what exactly is the frog Tony and how does it work with my bromine?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 03:08:51 pm »
what exactly is the frog Tony and how does it work with my bromine?

The frog is a mineral cartridge just like N2 but instead of silver and copper ions like the N2 it uses silver ions and limestone ions to help fend off bacteria. It goes inside your filter cartrdge to facilitate precipitation of it's ions into your water.

It may allow you to turn your feeder down a notch.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 03:08:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42