What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub rain protection  (Read 7236 times)

richopian

hot tub rain protection
« on: December 14, 2006, 01:38:30 pm »
Hello,
I'm just wondering if I need to plan some sort of rain protection for when I'm sitting in my tub. Some people say its nice to be in the open and let the rain just fall on you and in the tub water; whereas others say have a glass roof (stiff faily open) or suchlike to protect you from the rain whilst in the tub.

Any preference or opinions.

I must say, I like the idea of the rain falling on me, but I'm leaning towards having some sort of roofing cover - otherwise in winter (we get lots of rain here in Vancouver, Canada) one might get a little chilly sitting in the rain for a while.

cheers
Rich  

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub rain protection
« on: December 14, 2006, 01:38:30 pm »

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
Re: hot tub rain protection
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 01:42:13 pm »
You may think about getting one of those spa umbrella's. You can move it over the tub if it is rainng or keep it out of the way when it is not.

richopian

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 01:44:58 pm »
I guess a spa umbrella would be good for summer, but in winter in a rainy environment the canvas umbrella would go bad.

cheers
Rich

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 05:23:11 pm »
If money were no object something like this could be useful.

Put the tub near the end away from where the sections slide together (kind of the opposite of this pic) and your tub is out in the open. Slide out the enclosure and you are protected from rain and maybe even from a bit of the wind and cold.

But sadly money is usually an object for most people, certainly for me. It is an object I don't have enough of! :-/

http://www.acpespaenclosures.com/default.htm

This website is not very helpful. Have seen similar enclosures that were spa sized like this instead of the usual bigger ones typically made for pools on here before some months ago but can't find them now.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

richopian

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 05:31:32 pm »
Nice, but I would not want it fully enclosed, just open on all sides with some sort of roof - probably glass so it still feels really light and airy

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 05:36:26 pm »
not to worry, i think you are asking if rain water would effect your tub.  I dont think so, unless it is acid rain.  that may trow of the alkalinity a bit.

I love going in the tub in extreme blizzards and rain storms.  It feels so good.  My closest buddy uses an umbrella when it is raining.  He looks like a fool but his head stays dry.

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 05:53:22 pm »
Mine is under a deck.

I attached that corrugated plastic roof material under the deck floor (I got it in tinted version). I angled the sheets slightly, so that any rain water or melting snow that gets through the deck boards, runs off instead of pooling on the sheeting.

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 06:36:26 pm »
I believe this is the company I was trying to recall. If I lived in a cold weather windy  rainy environment, and I had lots of cash I had nothing better to do with, this might be the way I would go if I didn't already have a way to enclose it when I wanted to.

http://www.libart.com/

http://www.libart.com/ProjectInfo.aspx?id=13

http://www.libart.com/ProjectInfo.aspx?id=28

http://www.libart.com/ProjectInfo.aspx?id=30

http://www.libart.com/ProjectInfo.aspx?id=31
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 06:41:04 pm »
IMHO, if you can see the stars at night, you do not want anything over your tub.  I have tubbed in the rain several times.  

The one thing I have learned is to wear a brimmed cap (baseball cap will do).  This will keep the rain out of your eyes and make tubbing more enjoyable.

Remember, if you hear thunder or see a lightning flash, get out of the tub (unless you love danger).

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 10:48:54 pm »
tonight we went in and it is raining here.  No issues at all, it was so nice to relax with cold rain falling on my face.  It actually helped to keep me cool.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 07:15:13 am »
I am with Bosco on this one

I love it too if it rains.

But i do recommend to check you water the next day.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 07:15:35 am by hot_tub_Frank »

shortspark

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 07:44:17 am »
Move to Texas.  It never rains.

spa-ing

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 02:12:02 pm »
I avoid the tub if it is rainy, or windy. Snowing is ok. My head and face get too cold and don't like getting my hair wet. Must be a woman thing.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 06:08:00 am »
I avoid the tub if it is rainy, or windy. Snowing is ok. My head and face get too cold and don't like getting my hair wet. Must be a woman thing.

Or a Cat!!! Same thing.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 08:02:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42