What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Micropure filters  (Read 7409 times)

anne

Re: Micropure filters
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2006, 10:41:39 pm »
I am looking at the Artric spa, how do you like yours. Can you emai me at

dfindlay@rideuta.com...Thanks...

Were you asking me, Wes, Bosco or all three of us? I'll send you some info.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2006, 10:41:39 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2006, 11:24:14 pm »
How do they perform compared to a Tri-X filter?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2006, 01:50:55 pm »
I have nothing but positive to say about micropure filters.  I have been using them since I got my tub 1 1/2 years ago.  I cant compare to the other style filter because I have never used it.  I love not having to clean the filters, I get great water flow, no extra chemicals, and my water has never had an issue.  

The only bad thing about them is that when they get older, they break down and little white particles will float in the water if you leave the filter in to long without changing it.

I Pay 90.00 canadian a year for 3 filters that last me 4 months each.  When I am finished with it, I just throw it out and put in a new one.  

Many are going to argue that they dont work or cost to much.  I just think that I would rather pay a few bucks more for a maitenance free filter.  Thats just me.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2006, 12:43:32 am »
I too have been using them over a year.  They work fine and are generally conveniently disposable.  That said, I keep a pleated filter and clarifier on hand for periods of heavy use by people not normally in a tub.  When it's just us in it, it generally keeps the water acceptably clear with a little foam eventually but not enough to warrant clarifier or defoam.  It will recover from heavy use, but not quick enough for me.  So if you constantly entertain oily shedders, you're probably not going to be happy and will have to switch a pleated in to run clarifier.  You risk imploding your filter if you use clarifier with it.  

Judging by how narrow the pleats are on an equivalent sized 50 sq ft filter for an Arctic, I really wonder how you can really get one clean by soaking and rinsing.  The gunk produced by using a clarifier is pretty sticky nasty stuff and not easily removed from anything to which it's attached.  I'm with Bosco.  Generally, it's a pretty convenient filter.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2006, 12:49:38 am »
stl-rex, good to see you around.  I was wondering where you have been

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2006, 12:49:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42