What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tiger River Caspian  (Read 9664 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Tiger River Caspian
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 11:48:40 pm »
Don't not buy it from them because he can't provide a wet test. That is ridiculous!
If the price is right and you like the spa, go for it..
Don't worry about the dealer. It's a quality spa. I've said it before and I'll say it again.. Dealers are NOT as important everyone on this forum makes them seem.

Remember this forum is loaded with dealers, so careful reading...

How can you say that????? Sure, it is a quality spa, but who is to say that it is comfortable to her?

And your conspiracy theories about dealers gets really old.....even to a non-dealer. (That would be me, in case you think that all of us are undercover agents for our brands.)

I can verify Anne is not a dealer.  I am and she shopped with me.  Did not buy from me even though I "warned" her about the dealer.  She loves her tub, says good things about the manufacturer and has other things to say about her dealer.  
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 11:48:40 pm »

anne

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 01:49:34 am »
I can verify Anne is not a dealer.  I am and she shopped with me.  Did not buy from me even though I "warned" her about the dealer.  She loves her tub, says good things about the manufacturer and has other things to say about her dealer.  

Aw, geez, go a head and rub it in......If you sold Arctics, or if the Envoy had fit me a little better, I would have had the best of both worlds!

Junkie, you make it sound like those who value and enjoy a good relationship with their dealer got "taken" or something. I'd say they got lucky.
Dance like nobody's watching

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 11:51:55 am »

Aw, geez, go a head and rub it in......If you sold Arctics, or if the Envoy had fit me a little better, I would have had the best of both worlds!

All in good humor. ;) :) :D ;D :'(
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 07:59:08 am »
My goodness, Drewstar must be on vacation.

I own the Bengal (which has a lounger) and I love it.

That said, I would not buy a spa without wet testing it.  Every one sits a little differently and in my opinion, (for most people) you need to try before you buy when spending this kind of money.

Good luck finding the spa of your dreams.  ;)

G

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 09:35:53 am »
Here I am.

Caspain is a fantastic tub for the money.  However, WET TEST.  I've talked to a quite a few folks all very interested in the Caspain, but for several it just didn't fit them.  It seems the taller folks just can't get comfortable. I'm 5'7"  my wife is 5"4 and it's great for us.

I like the tub for several reasons:

A decent mix of open seating and scultped seating.

The foot dome.  This sold my wife on the tub.  

Value: HS qualtity, but at a slightly more affordable price.   Previous to this tub, I had a low end POS that cost a fortune to heat.  After reseaching, I decided a QUALITY full foam was the way to go.  this is my 2nd year with the tub and I am happy.

It's a nice sized tub, with a nice mix of seating (including 2 cool off seats, which for me, I think is very important in cold weather tubbing.)  High quality, without breaking the bank. The Caspian, I think is a solid value.

CONS:

It can be a shallow fit for some folks

Not a lot of fancy jets.  Once again, wet test this and compare it to other tubs.  

No fancy light package. Just a dimming, single color bulb (I like it though), and  the water fall lights up.

The only thing I can complain about is some of the trim peices came off the smaller jets. It doens't effect the performance at all, and I'm told I can get them replaced or put back on with a dab of silicone. Personaly, I don't care that much, that two trim peices on the foot dome came off, but I'm trying to be honeset.

The other thing to remember is seating - And this is true of ALL Tubs - the specs may say seats 6,but if you were to put 6 adults in there at once, you'd be tight.   It has 6 seats,  but seats more like 4 comforatable. As I said, this is true for every spa I've seen.

I live in central MA, where it gets cold in the winter, and the tub is about $25-30 a month to run on average.

All that being said. WET TEST and compare it to other tubs, so that you understand what you are getting, and not getting for you dollar.

Good luck. :D

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 09:35:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42