What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I have a problem with the trip charge when...  (Read 5470 times)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: I have a problem with the trip charge when...
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 02:27:56 pm »
Well, I'm a witness to it.  We specifically talked about it when the job was finished.  I think the tech was equally surprised.  

First..he doesn't have to ring the doorbell.  Goes right to the spa and turns off power.  Doesn't need to talk to customer to do the job.  Customer doesn't need to be home.

Four screws to remove panel.

Remove and replace circ pump...squeeze lines, two screws to hold pump in place, attach electric line.

Start spa, check operation, replace panel, put his tools away (not much needed)....six minutes.

Talk to customer (me).  I sign paperwork.  Off to next location.
Add a couple of minutes.  Service order says ten minutes but job itself was complete in six.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 02:29:40 pm by tony »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 02:27:56 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 05:12:34 pm »
Well, I'm a witness to it.  We specifically talked about it when the job was finished.  I think the tech was equally surprised.  

First..he doesn't have to ring the doorbell.  Goes right to the spa and turns off power.  Doesn't need to talk to customer to do the job.  Customer doesn't need to be home.

Four screws to remove panel.

Remove and replace circ pump...squeeze lines, two screws to hold pump in place, attach electric line.

Start spa, check operation, replace panel, put his tools away (not much needed)....six minutes.

Talk to customer (me).  I sign paperwork.  Off to next location.
Add a couple of minutes.  Service order says ten minutes but job itself was complete in six.

Awesome!
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 10:52:31 pm »
Ya it can be done in that short period of time, but why?  I feel the need to check out other components and make sure everything is in order.  This also allows the customer to feel like they are getting their moneys worth. :)  My dad would not call a plumber until he had exactly one hours worth of work!  He wouldn't bring anything else up until the prior job was finished.

IDW

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 11:57:55 pm »
 I disconnected and removed my ozonator at the same time.  Although I am a believer in the benefits of ozone, I also feel it does as much damage...so I am gong without for now.

Damage?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 10:11:57 am »
Ya it can be done in that short period of time, but why?  I feel the need to check out other components and make sure everything is in order.  This also allows the customer to feel like they are getting their moneys worth. :)  My dad would not call a plumber until he had exactly one hours worth of work!  He wouldn't bring anything else up until the prior job was finished.

It wasn't that he was trying to make the fix in record time.  It just happened to be.  As I said, he was surprised at how quickly it went.  Also commented on how immaculte my equipment compartment was and how everything else looked fine.  Its not my money that he is spending since this is a warranty item.  I don't think Sundance is going to pay for a thorough checkup of my spa at their expense, though it maybe something I do before my warranty expires.  My point is that I consider this small circ pump a maintenance item that would need replacing every so many years.  The fix is so simple, I would not hesitate doing it myself after it is out of warranty because somewhere down the line it will need replacing again.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 04:34:39 pm »
 I disconnected and removed my ozonator at the same time.  Although I am a believer in the benefits of ozone, I also feel it does as much damage...so I am gong without for now.

Damage?

It was starting to get a little funky where the tubing connects to the ozonator.  It was still producing ozone.  I unplugged it and put it away for now.  I still have my Mazzie injector, tubing and check valve hooked up, so lots of bubbles from my return, especially with a new circ pump.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 04:34:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42