What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: bioguard  (Read 2647 times)

Spiderman

bioguard
« on: November 14, 2006, 07:44:01 pm »
Anyone have any experience with this stuff??
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

bioguard
« on: November 14, 2006, 07:44:01 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: bioguard
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 08:27:31 pm »
We sell it.  What do you want to know?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

grumpy

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 08:32:47 pm »
huttubdan
what happens if you put to much in? or put in when not needed? How do you rate it compared to chlorine?

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 11:04:37 pm »
Just curious.  I know of BioGuard as a brand of pool and spa chemicals.  I have not heard of a product called Bioguard.  Are you referring to biguanide?  That is a non-chlorine product sold under several different brands.  Most common brand is Baquacil/BaquaSpa.  BioGuard sells their version under the name of Soft Soak.  The new Hot Spring AutoFresh uses BaquaSpa.

If biguanide is what you are referring to, your water can turn cloudy when you put in too much.  This is the most common problem with biguanide.  Too many people put in too much.

Rating it against chlorine is pretty subjective.  I've known people who will only use biguanide and I've known people who wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.  The only way to know if you like it is to try it.  Just don't mix it with chlorinated water.  Big Mess.

If you are talking about BioGuard.  Their products are very high quality.  They are a pretty dominant force in the pool/spa chemical industry.  They manufacture a lot of the brands you see out there.  Not sure if they still do it, but they used to manufacture for Home Depot and Lowes.  Other brands such as Omni and Regal are made by Biolab (Name of actual company - BioGuard is the main brand).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 11:10:56 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 10:34:48 am »
Bioguard is a brand, not a product.  

Spiderman, what are you asking about?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 10:49:07 am »
I use Bioguard. Very good stuff.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 11:42:46 am »
I've used SpaGuard (BioGuard) products for years. Love it!

What's your question Spidey?

Spiderman

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 10:13:19 pm »
I've used SpaGuard (BioGuard) products for years. Love it!

What's your question Spidey?

I guess I'm just asking how the product performs and is it dichlor?  I'm wondering because I thought baquaspa was a chlorine product, but then found out it's a whole different sanitizing system.  

I guess it's the soft soak product sold as "spaguard", but it's chlorine free?   Is this like MPS or something else?  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 10:41:35 pm »
SpaGuard is the brand name that BioGuard uses for their spa product line.  This line consists of chlorine and bromine based sanitizers as well as pH balancers and all other water care products.  These products are of the highest quality available.  There are other products that are high quality as well.

Soft Soak is the biguanide line for BioGuard/SpaGuard.  This is a non-chlorine approach to sanitizing your water.  Soft Soak has a full line of products as well.  Again, this product is very high quality.

The most common biguanide spa product is BaquaSpa.  Again, very high quality.

Biguanide and Chlorine/Bromine are NOT compatible.  It is one or the other.  

Both are viable ways of caring for your water.  The decision must be made by you.  Both work great and will give you clean, clear water.

MPS is used in a chlorine (dichlor) program.  You don't use MPS with biguanide systems.

Since you own a 2006 Jetsetter, you can add the AutoFresh system to your spa.  This is an automated water care system using BaquaSpa.  

Hope this helps you.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 10:43:33 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Spiderman

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 08:48:31 am »

Since you own a 2006 Jetsetter, you can add the AutoFresh system to your spa.  This is an automated water care system using BaquaSpa.  

Hope this helps you.

I would love to have the autofresh system, but for $1000+ I can add the chems myself.  Thanks for the help  :)

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 08:41:37 am »
Just test soaked our new HotSpring Aria w/ Autofresh in the showroom. It's nice. Think I'll trade in my Solana TX for one. Don't think my second story deck will accomodate it's weight.

When my manager said he brought in (3) AutoFresh Systems, I thought he was nuts. We put one on the Aria, and within a week sold the two in stock.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 08:41:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42