What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: color choice  (Read 2271 times)

softball

color choice
« on: November 17, 2006, 03:46:12 pm »
I am buyig a sundance caprio and I am having problems picking the color....I am thinking coastal cabinet with onyx shell...any comments?

I am also considering the pearl shell.
Thanks for any feedback

Hot Tub Forum

color choice
« on: November 17, 2006, 03:46:12 pm »

anne

Re: color choice
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 04:16:07 pm »
I just looked at their website, and I like that combo! The coastal seems nice in that it is not too light or too dark. Light colors have a bright, clean look, and dark colors hide stuff more (good and bad) and I think the coastal would offer the best of both worlds. I like the slightly variegated look as well. (Mine is like that but it is darker)

If the surroundings of the tub will be complemented by gray tones, then I think you have a great choice there. The sand shell with Sierra cabinet would also be a nice combo- warmer- but as long as gray will look good in your yard, I like your choice better. I did not see a "pearl" shell- do you mean azure pearlescent? Personally, I like the geay and earth tones better.  
Dance like nobody's watching

mkotubs

• 2006 HS Vista
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 04:42:43 pm »
I purchased a HS with pearl and my only comment is, "If you are a clean freak , pick a different color that doesn't show water marks".  But it does reflect the lights nice, especially with the chrome jets :)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 04:45:02 pm »
The Pearl Lustre shell looks totally awsome with the LED lights.  Unfortunatley, Mrs. Brewman over-rode me and we got the sahara pebbly finished one.  
Still looks nice- but that pearl/LED combo blew me away at the spa store.
Brewman

tileman

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 06:37:57 pm »
I like pearl the best. I guess I'm a clean freak. :) My last 3 cars and my spa have all been pearl because I like knowing my stuff is spotlessly clean and IMO that's only possible with white or pearl.
Plus they look spectacular at night with your leds on. :o

Oh yeah I almost forgot, that coastal looks kind of blue to me. Is it just me or does it have a blueish tint to it. It's probably just my computer's coloring. :-? Also, and this is strictly just MY OPINION, I think that the rough texture finishes of shells look kind of cheap when compared to the high-gloss, smooth finished ones. Again this is just MY OPINION.
Either way you go I think you'll really enjoy your Sundance.

CHAD
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 06:53:46 pm by tileman »

tileman

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 07:08:38 pm »
Here is a photo of the coastal/platinum combo.
In this photo the coastal looks alot more gray than in Sundance's website.
I think it's beauuutiful!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 08:48:46 pm »
I will tell you from my own shopping experience that color swatches are different than what's on the tub. Luckily my dealer had about 7 tubs all in different colors for her customers to see ... and the swatches were nothing like the tubs.

If you're looking at LED light(s), the lighter color will definately make it look great at night. I originally wanted to get the black granite finish, I thought it would look really cool - black swirlly water.  I decided to get the LED light and "knew" I now had to get a lighter color. I opted for the color sterling marble and it reflects the light great.

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 12:42:31 am »
We just purchased a Sundance Optima a few months ago .. Our house has light gray siding so we were pretty sure we wanted Coastal so it would blend.   At one point we considered the brown/reddish color (to tie into the swingset and brick chimney colors) however the variation in the coastal was the deciding factor.  It has some rich charcoal gray and even warm burgandy tones.   Its much nicer looking in person than on the website.

For the shell I don't think you can go wrong w/ any of the colors. I was leaning toward the textured copper sand because I preferred the textured feel and liked the sparkle of the metallic.  My husband thought the lights would show best on the platinum so thats what we got. Its funny, the kids love the color, but I actually find it too intense/bright so when its just me I set lights on low setting.   Initially I was worried about scratching and watermarks, but I towel dry the top and around all the knobs after putting chems in while the jets are on.  So far so good, watermarks have not been a problem.   If you like the clean look the platinium looks really clean.  

For the cabinet it really depends on where its going to be located, and to what degree you want it to blend in.  For the shell it depends on the look you are going for and how intense you want the lights to be.   Good luck... you're almost there!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 12:42:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42