What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Aqua Show...  (Read 3962 times)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Aqua Show...
« on: October 28, 2006, 03:58:42 pm »
Who's going? I'll be there on the 9th for a whirlwind tour. I know what to look for, but WHO should I look for?
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

Aqua Show...
« on: October 28, 2006, 03:58:42 pm »

OC_Spas

Re: Aqua Show...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 04:05:50 pm »
I'll be there. Frank! Say "Hello" if you see me. (I'm often oblivious to my surroundings in that candy store they call the Aqua Show.

Jim C.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 06:38:15 pm »
I almost forgot. I'm going! Driving down Tuesday, coming back Friday. If anyone wants an Exhibitors badge let me know. I've got tons of extras. They allow you to get in before the official starting time.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 07:59:01 pm »
I'll be at NSPI this year. Well....maybe....right Doc?  ;)

Anyone else going there?

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 10:46:24 pm »
I think a lot of people have stopped going to Aqua and are focusing on NSPI.  This will be Marquis' first year of only going to the NSPI show and not both.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 12:00:56 pm »
I think a lot of people have stopped going to Aqua and are focusing on NSPI.  This will be Marquis' first year of only going to the NSPI show and not both.

I'm curious...Do most feel this way? Why is that do you think?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 01:12:40 pm »
Last year after attending both shows I thought the NSPI had much better classes. I think the Aqua show is more spas and the NSPI offers both pool and spas as does Aqua but it it seems to be a larger show.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 02:42:11 pm »
If I go to either, it will be NSPI.  Having 2 competing shows in Vegas is silly.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 03:08:42 pm »
Interesting. As it happens I will be in Vegas at the same time as the aqua show for a different convention.

I suppose this show is only for people in the biz? Or can anyone get into it? Or would a consumer not find it of interest?

Kind of interesting but looks like it is for industry folks which makes sense I suppose.

http://aquashow.com/media/AQ_Broch06.pdf
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 03:15:31 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 04:34:50 pm »
NSPI is better, they have better classes and more exhibitors.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 04:53:39 pm »
Last year after attending both shows I thought the NSPI had much better classes. I think the Aqua show is more spas and the NSPI offers both pool and spas as does Aqua but it it seems to be a larger show.

So let's hook up there again! I'm bringing my wife along as she's never been to Vegas so bring yours and we'll do Freemont again with the ladies! Let me know...ya got my number! I just booked my trip and we'll be at the Mirage arriving Tuesday early afternoon and flying out Sunday night. Get your ppl to arrange it with my ppl! ;)

Maybe we'll get Doc and his better half to come along and he can buy! Hell of an idea!! Anyone else wanna come along? It's on Doc! ;D

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 11:19:43 pm »
Looks like I'm probably going to both. Too many people to meet with at Aqua, and some of them are only going to NSPI.

No problem though guys. We'll sit at the slots and I'll order you anything you want   ;)

But, Steve, I owe you dinner (and you can just FORGET Picasso's). Looks like the other thing isn't going to work out right now. "Mom" decided she wants to do some traveling and is throwing an inheritance guilt trip at me  ;D :-/ ;D

So let's hook up there again! I'm bringing my wife along as she's never been to Vegas so bring yours and we'll do Freemont again with the ladies! Let me know...ya got my number! I just booked my trip and we'll be at the Mirage arriving Tuesday early afternoon and flying out Sunday night. Get your ppl to arrange it with my ppl! ;)

Maybe we'll get Doc and his better half to come along and he can buy! Hell of an idea!! Anyone else wanna come along? It's on Doc! ;D

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 12:12:18 pm »
No problem my friend. The thought was nice and appreciated but the meal will still cost you the equivalent! ;D

Let's try and pick a night and we can all meet up. Mendo will be there and I'm not sure who else from here?

Chris_H

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 01:03:47 pm »
Doc,
Are you displaying at both or just Aqua?
Chris

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 02:15:53 pm »
We're not displaying at either this year.  I'm excited as I'll get to spend more than 10 minutes wondering around.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 02:15:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42