What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: triping gfci  (Read 2232 times)

morax

triping gfci
« on: October 23, 2006, 04:29:32 pm »
let me start by saying hi to all.i have an old tub 110v1.5kwheater. my tub was working great for long time friday however my whole world changed.when i got in and pushed the button for high speed it tripped the gfci,i reset gfci it tripped instantly as soon as i turned on power.after letting it sit over night started no problem run on low speed no problem,high speed worked perfect like the past 4 to 5 hour later problem returns cool &repeat.the way it is wired is it goes to external gfci which has been replace with no resolve,however the spa pack has it own gfci which never trips.also if high is never selected never a problem run on low forever. anyone who can help or even give guidaince would be great

Hot Tub Forum

triping gfci
« on: October 23, 2006, 04:29:32 pm »

In Canada eh

Re: triping gfci
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 04:48:16 pm »
morax,

Let me start by first saying there are a couple of motor guys and a couple of electricians that frequent this site, if you wait patient you will get the correct answer.

Here's my opinion,
         Your motor is drawing to many amps on high speed and thats causing a "over current" situation that in turn is causing your GFCI to trip.  Might be time for a new motor :(
Bullfrog 451

IDW

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 11:39:55 pm »
9 ot of ten times a GFI trip is the heater. If you know what your doing you can disconect power to the heater and run the spa to see if the heater is the problem. You said the GFI in the house trips but not the one on the pak. GFI breakers do wear out especicially Federal pioneer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 11:39:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42