What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 coupon?  (Read 3354 times)

still sore

D1 coupon?
« on: October 21, 2006, 04:05:08 am »
Can anyone help out the with the D1 coupon on the website? It says the coupon will be immediately e-mailed to you but we didn't get one on two attempts to different e-mail addresses. This is kind of urgent because we put a heafty deposit down on the Californian today, dealer didn't mention the coupon, and then we found it on the website after. I think the dealer is honest, just doesn't sell alot so might not be up on whats going on with the offer. Which brings me to my next question, is this something from the factory (they eat the $1k) or the dealer (he eats the $1k)? Any details / help is appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

D1 coupon?
« on: October 21, 2006, 04:05:08 am »

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: D1 coupon?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 07:23:33 am »
The coupon is just another sales scam. The dealership doesn't have to honor the coupon, and most will not.

wetone

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 12:00:14 pm »
Can anyone help out the with the D1 coupon on the website? It says the coupon will be immediately e-mailed to you but we didn't get one on two attempts to different e-mail addresses. This is kind of urgent because we put a heafty deposit down on the Californian today, dealer didn't mention the coupon, and then we found it on the website after. I think the dealer is honest, just doesn't sell alot so might not be up on whats going on with the offer. Which brings me to my next question, is this something from the factory (they eat the $1k) or the dealer (he eats the $1k)? Any details / help is appreciated.

The dealer eat's 100% of that.

anne

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 12:39:10 pm »
OK, this is probably obvious, but you are checking your "junk" mail as well, right?

I have no idea how D1 will handle this, but I can tell you about my experience: Found and online coupon like you did (for a free coverlifter) and presented it to my dealer after we had already come to a price but before I had paid anything or committed to the sale. He was not familiar with the coupon, but since my price already included the lifter, steps, etc, he just took $100 or $150 off the price. I thought that was pretty commendable. I wouold not, however, be expecting $1000 off, nice as that would be.

Good luck!
Dance like nobody's watching

Larry Becker

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 01:14:49 pm »
As with most coupons, you have to be careful of the wording... The "Up to" part is a clue that they are offering some kind of variable sales incentive on the different lines of tubs (more on the pricier tubs, less on others) to get people's attention in the off season. If you have already made your deal on your tub, you may not be able to benefit from the coupon -- but it's worth a try. If the dealer already gave you a good deal on the tub, he/she may have discounted it as far as they can already. If the FACTORY is giving the "Up to $1000," then you'll have a better chance of getting some consideration.

I got the willies from several hot tub dealers when I was shopping, but one of the things that finally helped sell me on my D1 Sarena Bay was the dealer. They discounted my floor model heavily (but not so they went out of business) and then provided what they promised. When there was a problem, they took care of it. When I have questions, they're there to answer them. That's why we buy from local dealers who maintain a sales staff, service staff, store front, etc., as opposed to going through Costco or Home Depot, where two guys drop it off in front of your house and you're on your own.

My point is, if you've shopped around and found the tub you want at a fair price that you and the dealer can live with, then enjoy your tub. Don't let the quest for the lowest price make you unhappy.  The dealer may be trapped by already offering you his best price and now the factory's promotion is forcing him to cut further than he can. But maybe it is a factory promotion and it will help you out.

Just adding to the conversation...

Larry Becker
2005 D-1 Sarena Bay

still sore

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 04:55:17 pm »
The dealer is local and reputable, but does more with pool sales than spa sales. The thing is we're paying $9500 + tax for a Californian and this seems high to what others have been paying so I'm figuring its just about list. He was willing to come down over $1k on a floor model but the wife wanted the colors she wanted. So, although we've decided to order one and pay full price we are OK with it, well the wife is OK for it more than I am ($1300 buys alot of other stuff), if we can save some money, any money, I'm definately going to try. Their making a big deal out of it on the website and we're within the specified date range so I'm going to push for it. There was never negotiation on the price of the tub, just the included accessories, etc. and we're only getting stairs and a cover lifter (cover comes with the tub) and start up chemicals. As far as I'm concerned, if the factory is making such a big deal out of it and we're buying a tub that qualifies I should be getting something out of it, even if it isn't $1k. I'm a resonable guy but put yourself in my shoes, you put down a deposit, vistit the website and then find aout there might be up to $1k floating around out there - I'm going to find out about it!  

We still haven't recieved anything by e-mail so I'm thinking #1 its to collect phone # for salesman to make cold calls to or #2 their system is screwed up. If anyone has the details of the coupon I'd appreciate it and appreciate all the responses so far.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 01:17:42 am »
Oct. 5th to Oct. 29th| Limited Time Offer. See participating dealers for details.

To redeem your coupon for up to $1,000 in savings, please fill in the information below. Your coupon will be emailed to you immediately and your local dealer will help you with all of your hot tub needs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm guessing your dealer is not one of the participating dealers. Even so, it says "up to $1,000 in savings".  Any discount typically will come out of the dealers pocket.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 01:27:05 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 01:17:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42