What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Poll: Spas sales up or down compared to 2005?  (Read 2389 times)

FiSh

Poll: Spas sales up or down compared to 2005?
« on: October 20, 2006, 11:08:54 pm »
I would appreciate your honesty in this poll. Please feel free to give comments on the spa market and what you think the driving force is that is causing your market to be up or down.

Hot Tub Forum

Poll: Spas sales up or down compared to 2005?
« on: October 20, 2006, 11:08:54 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Poll: Spas sales up or down compared to 2005?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 09:46:02 am »
The official answer from every dealer is that I hear the industry is down, but we are having a great year.   ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 10:32:20 am »
I have heard from many manufacturers reps that sales are off throughout much of the country. Here in the Northeast, sales are off. 15 % Percent down is a figure we keep hearing for the Northeast and in some areas more. We are probably off close to 15% from last year. Locally here in Southern New Jersey, dealers took another tough blow when our lovely Governor, Jon Corzine, decided to raise the state sales tax to 7%, back in July. It really hurt. We are just 40 minutes away from Delaware, which has no sales tax. Many people are taking the drive and saving $600-800 dollars. Can't say that I blame them. Hopefully, their Delaware Dealer will be just as willing to take the drive to New Jersey and service their spa for the next 5 years. Time will tell. Dave.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 11:17:16 am »
Overall, we're about even with last year.  We have 3 stores.  My store is ahead of last year, the main store in Tyler is a little down, and the Shreveport store is ahead of where it was last year and would probably be doing better if the store hadn't been closed the last 2 weeks.  We're moving it and the Tyler store to beautiful new showrooms that will be the nicest in the region.  I'm stuck at this little ol' podunk store for now. :-[

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 11:30:11 am »
We're about even with last year - but last year was a stinko year.

:'(
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 02:44:12 pm »
we're up.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 04:39:52 pm »
I have heard from many manufacturers reps that sales are off throughout much of the country. Here in the Northeast, sales are off. 15 % Percent down is a figure we keep hearing for the Northeast and in some areas more. We are probably off close to 15% from last year. Locally here in Southern New Jersey, dealers took another tough blow when our lovely Governor, Jon Corzine, decided to raise the state sales tax to 7%, back in July. It really hurt. We are just 40 minutes away from Delaware, which has no sales tax. Many people are taking the drive and saving $600-800 dollars. Can't say that I blame them. Hopefully, their Delaware Dealer will be just as willing to take the drive to New Jersey and service their spa for the next 5 years. Time will tell. Dave.
We are up, but not much, I am in the First state Dave and do get a few NJ customers, I will sell and service them if they are just in the immediate area like Pennsville & Salem, but they are not saving any money, I make them pay the full 7%.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 04:39:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42