What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Prodigy and Tiger River  (Read 2484 times)

cuinohio

HS Prodigy and Tiger River
« on: October 19, 2006, 11:44:07 am »
How much more $ should I expect to pay for the Prodigy vs.

A. Tiger River Sumatran
B.  Tiger River Caspian

HS website is confusing me with Deluxe vs. Luxury categories?  I assume there is a BIG difference in price??

Hot Tub Forum

HS Prodigy and Tiger River
« on: October 19, 2006, 11:44:07 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: HS Prodigy and Tiger River
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 11:54:54 am »
I can only tell you I paid $7200 (incl tax) for my 05 Caspian. (included Steps, Ozone, Cover, Cover lifter and Crane Delivery).  Folks her have reported the Caspian  between $6700-7300 depending on when, where, who and what.

Hope that helps you out some.
07 Caldera Geneva

shabba34

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 12:22:49 pm »
The Prodigy will be priced in between the Sumatran and the Caspian.  

Sumatran - 4800-6000
Prodigy - 5800-7000
Caspian - 6800-8000

All depends on accessories, location etc...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 02:20:39 pm »
Welcome to the forum, good to see another "good guy" among all the Maize and Blue.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 02:21:23 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

cuinohio

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 04:30:54 pm »
See, this is why I get confused.  The prodigy is listed in HS's Spa Selector in the "Luxury" column so I assumed it would be more $ than the Caspian (which is listed as "Premium").  What exactly do these cateogries mean, is there less maintenance involved in the Luxury brands?  But in the Horsepower "selector", the Caspian is listed as Highest and the Prodigy is not.

We will mainly use the spa for the two of us (we are both short, 5,4 & 5,7).  We wet tested the prodigy which I liked, but husband liked Jettsetter stronger jets  (I float out of the lounge...so I took it off the list).  That's why I've now put the Caspian on the next wet test list.  

Scarlet and Gray all the Way, Baby!

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 04:45:14 pm »
The distinctions between the lines are most likely the Stainless Steel trim on the jets, the Luminescence LED lighting, the factory-installed ozonator, and the no-bypass filtration.

That said, if you like the power in the Jetsetter, it is going to be even more in the Caspian.

Spiderman

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 07:12:56 pm »

We will mainly use the spa for the two of us (we are both short, 5,4 & 5,7).  We wet tested the prodigy which I liked, but husband liked Jettsetter stronger jets  (I float out of the lounge...so I took it off the list).

What about the other three seats in the Jetsetter? (The fourth seat is sitting in the lounger backwards, with your feet up against the Moto Massage)  My wife is only 5'2" and is able to sit in all of the seats.  She does float a little in the lounger, but she fits well in the other seats.  You could also check out the Sovereign, should sell for around $7K, but you'll probably float in any lounger.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 11:10:03 am »
See, this is why I get confused.  The prodigy is listed in HS's Spa Selector in the "Luxury" column so I assumed it would be more $ than the Caspian (which is listed as "Premium").  What exactly do these cateogries mean, is there less maintenance involved in the Luxury brands?  But in the Horsepower "selector", the Caspian is listed as Highest and the Prodigy is not.

We will mainly use the spa for the two of us (we are both short, 5,4 & 5,7).  We wet tested the prodigy which I liked, but husband liked Jettsetter stronger jets  (I float out of the lounge...so I took it off the list).  That's why I've now put the Caspian on the next wet test list.  

Scarlet and Gray all the Way, Baby!

I hear you.  I haven't looked at the brouchures and such, but I will say, don't pay too much attention to desciprtors such as "Premium" or "Luxary" . They may allude to features (waterfalls, cup holders,) or other items as pump hp and such. Go for what you want and what fits you the best. Wet Test.

If the Caspian catches your eye, I'd recomend wet testing. I enjoy mine and it's great. However many people report that it didn't fit them right. That it was too shallow for the taller folks.

Good luck.  :D
07 Caldera Geneva

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 02:01:32 pm »
I don't have any idea what another spa would cost.  But we purchased a Prodigy in late August, 2006. The total cost, which included, the GFI box, steps, insulated cover, ozone, chemicals for 6 months, delivery and set up, ready to add the water, cost came to exactly $6,142.70, with 12 months interest free.  And it has a great warranty.

We find the jets are powerful, you need to adjust them as to how you prefer the pressure.  My husband and I usually sit in the back area, and we adjusted those jets to be more powerful, in fact, when you get out and look in a mirror, your skin is red from the jets.  I guess we could tone them down a bit, but we like them that way.  To each his own.  Last evening I had such leg and back pain ( arthritis ), so I went in for about 1Hr, and I'll tell you, I felt sooo much better after the soak.  I keep my temp. at 96 degrees.  If it's set higher I find that I can't stay in as long, and I would rather stay in the warm water as long as I can.  It's just wonderful.  It's even nice just to sit in the warm water without the jets on.  You just have to wet test.

Let us know which one you chose to buy.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 02:01:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42