What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Remote controlled covers  (Read 4000 times)

tileman

Remote controlled covers
« on: October 10, 2006, 08:14:55 pm »
I had never heard of these before until Stemay mentioned them in a previous post. Does anyone know about them and where I can get one.

Hot Tub Forum

Remote controlled covers
« on: October 10, 2006, 08:14:55 pm »

tileman

Re: Remote controlled covers
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 08:50:59 pm »
After re-reading Stemay's post I relized that he was just saying it would be nice to have and not that he knew if they actually made such things. Sorry for the confusion, I guess I got a little excited about being able to open/close my spa from indoors. I'm sure we're not the only ones who have thought about this before. Lots of moneymaking potential for anybody familiar with electronics and a patent. Sure would be nice.   Tileman

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 01:03:22 am »
They're made....... We carry em

http://www.autospacover.com/products/ASC.htm

Sitting down? $1300.00
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 04:02:42 am »
I rigged up this neato garage door opener that would of been real handy from inside (just push the remote) But the aparatus that held it above the spa and the cost of a reinforced cover seem to not be worth it. I use the wife now, much better looking.
Retired

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 08:24:40 am »
just watched the video.
very cool....
thanks for the link.

Bama

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 03:51:58 pm »

Sitting down? $1300.00

Really, Dr. Spa?  Do you have one that would fit a LA Spa, Paradise H-2?  It's 133" long and 92" wide.  To manually lift the cover will be darn near impossible for me.
Sure would be nice to have an automated lifter.
Bama

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 09:48:32 pm »
I would be willing to bet that some of the Engineer folks on this site could design and post how we could make one of these at a fraction of the cost.  I own a Maxxus and would love to have one, but the price is a little steep.  It is nothing more than a couple actuators, gas struts, some tubing and mounting plates.  How about it Engineers?

Jr

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 11:25:25 pm »
WOW thats' big! !

How many panels is the cover? 3? 4? I have a feeling this lifter wont work. But............ I can look into it.

Sitting down? $1300.00

Really, Dr. Spa?  Do you have one that would fit a LA Spa, Paradise H-2?  It's 133" long and 92" wide.  To manually lift the cover will be darn near impossible for me.
Sure would be nice to have an automated lifter.
Bama

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 11:43:20 pm »
As the owner of a Sundance Maxxus I can definatley say, "I'd buy one".  Are they available for a 3 sectioned cover? :-X  Can't wait to hear!

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 12:12:32 am »
As the owner of a Sundance Maxxus I can definatley say, "I'd buy one".  Are they available for a 3 sectioned cover? :-X  Can't wait to hear!

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 08:51:06 am »
Cool!  Drop a zero off the $1,300 price and it might be more in my buget!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 09:32:58 am »
If you go to the link, there's a little movie of it working. The spa it's on is a Maxxus.

tileman

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 11:33:22 pm »
Wow, that's too cool. Thanks for the link Dr. Spa. The only way to justify the price though, is if the chick came with it. ;)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 01:14:59 am »
I tend to agree, but I do get a few requests for something like this with some frequency. Up until recienty, I had to tell them it didn't exist, and even if it did, it would cost in the $1500 range. Suprisingly, a lot of people said they's pay that much. I guess, if you physically can't remove the cover, there isn't much choice.......... unless you can get JUST the chick  ;D

ummmmmmmmmmm (delete this if you feel the need Bill). I am offering a "deal" on the first couple, in exchange for pictures and comments.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 01:14:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42