0 (0%)
No because of bad experience with dealer
2 (4%)
No - dealer/brand no longer sold here
3 (6%)
Yes, but from a different dealer
10 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Buying all over again  (Read 2998 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Buying all over again
« on: October 07, 2006, 09:28:14 pm »
An occasional poll to stimulate discussion
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Buying all over again
« on: October 07, 2006, 09:28:14 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Buying all over again
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 10:52:27 pm »
Bill, I would probably buy the same tub all over again. Would you try something else if you had to do it all over again?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 01:29:24 am »
Bill

You didn't include Maybe as an option

I am very happy with our tub but would probably look at others if shopping again
Bullfrog 451

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 02:38:40 am »
Been there, done that-yes I bought a different model (from SA Reward to Epic ) from the same Marquis dealer and I would do it again.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 05:50:20 am »
Not enough choices Bill. What if we want a different brand, yet we are still happy with our exsiting brand.
Retired

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 08:27:43 am »
I'd definitely get a Sundance again, but I think I would get the Optima instead of the Cameo - I find I don't use the lounger as much as I did on my previous spa and having another couple over occassionally would give 4 corner seats with the Optima.  My only regret.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 09:30:42 am »
I agree with not enough choices.

I like my dealer, like my brand (so far, so good) but I may buy a smaller tub and wouldn't buy neck collar seats. Those seats really don't get used. With a smaller tub, it may have pushed me into a Platinum class Artesian but who knows.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 10:43:10 am »
Bill, I would probably buy the same tub all over again. Would you try something else if you had to do it all over again?

In my case, Dynasty no longer has a dealer in my area.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 11:21:34 am »
my d1 dealer bent over backwards to give me a great deal...he was very honest about everything...would def do over again

In Canada eh

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 11:22:31 am »

I like my dealer, like my brand (so far, so good) but I may buy a smaller tub and wouldn't buy neck collar seats. Those seats really don't get used. With a smaller tub, it may have pushed me into a Platinum class Artesian but who knows.

We sometimes wish we had gone the other way,  we have a small tub and wish we had gone to the larger 562 model
Bullfrog 451

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 11:37:15 am »
I would definitely buy another Jacuzzi, but would rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my fingernails that give Oasis Spas in Orlando another dime of my money.  They are out of business but reopened under a different name although Sundance won't allow them to carry the brand.  They are the biggest lying crooks I have encountered in ANY business and I have been in timeshare for 14 years!!!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 12:45:16 pm »
I'd certainly consider the same brand again, but I'd also shop others, just to see what's changed over the years.  But my dealer isn't selling spas anymore, so regardless of what brand, it'd be a different dealer.

Brewman

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 02:29:07 pm »

We sometimes wish we had gone the other way,  we have a small tub and wish we had gone to the larger 562 model

I think the operative word for you is "we", my operative word is "I". We don't soak, but I do so that's why a smaller tub might fit the bill.

Wanna trade? ;) ;D

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 05:23:46 pm »
Yes I would definitely choose the same dealer, Coquitlam Beachcomber,  and I would still choose the same model Hot tub.
I am very pleased with this purchase which is two and a half years old now.

Regards, Zz :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 05:25:55 pm by ZzTop »

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 08:29:11 pm »
While happy so far with my tub and dealer I probably would at least look at a couple of other brands that I did not look at originally. Chief among them would be the Artesian Piper Glen although that tub would no doubt cost more than my current tub and I am not sure I would be willing to pay the difference. Ultimately it would depend on my impression of the dealer, the wet test of course and exactly how much more it would cost.

Variable speed pump for each corner seat would be very appealing!

The alternative would be to go down to the Emerald which appears to be a similar tub to mine, although slightly smaller. But if it cost about the same or more I probably would stay with the one I have.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 08:29:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42