What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Me again, Balancing the Water!!!  (Read 2428 times)

dptubber

• 06 Sundance Marin
Me again, Balancing the Water!!!
« on: October 01, 2006, 04:56:36 pm »
New owner of Sundance Marin, 335 gallons,

During 1st month of ownership, I struggled with the PH & TA balancing, while using PH Down.  I started with PH in excess of 8.2 and TA @ 290.  Needless to say, I reduced my TA at one point to 80, but my PH was still high.  Finally after 3 weeks I dumped water.  (see my other thread "Help - PH & Total Alkalinity Struggles")

Today, after filling my tub with no chemical add, my PH is 7.8 & TA at 290.  My calcium is at 300.  I used 3 tablespoon of PH Down and my next reading was PH at 7.2, TA at 280.

I seemed to be having the opposite problem as I did with my 1st fill.  The only thing I did differently with this fill was I've not added any dichlor yet, whereas I added dichlor before i tried balancing the water the first time.  Before I add more chemicals, what do you recommend?

Hot Tub Forum

Me again, Balancing the Water!!!
« on: October 01, 2006, 04:56:36 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: Me again, Balancing the Water!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 05:47:55 pm »
Add the same small additions of ph decreaser (one additon every two hours)until Alakalinity is 150ppm. Then adjust ph, then add dichlor.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

gturn

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 08:59:40 pm »
New owner of Sundance Marin, 335 gallons,

During 1st month of ownership, I struggled with the PH & TA balancing, while using PH Down.  I started with PH in excess of 8.2 and TA @ 290.  Needless to say, I reduced my TA at one point to 80, but my PH was still high.  Finally after 3 weeks I dumped water.  (see my other thread "Help - PH & Total Alkalinity Struggles")

Today, after filling my tub with no chemical add, my PH is 7.8 & TA at 290.  My calcium is at 300.  I used 3 tablespoon of PH Down and my next reading was PH at 7.2, TA at 280.

I seemed to be having the opposite problem as I did with my 1st fill.  The only thing I did differently with this fill was I've not added any dichlor yet, whereas I added dichlor before i tried balancing the water the first time.  Before I add more chemicals, what do you recommend?

If you keep having problems with ph you might try using Bromine, ph is not altered much by Bromine and seems to stay stable easier.  With Clorine ph goes up and down a lot.  You do need to get all the levels set first before adding your sanitizer.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 10:12:15 pm »
Actually, dichlor has a very minor impact on Ph/alk.
 bromine tends to pull it down over time.

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 10:12:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42