What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Over priced Grand Bahama?  (Read 2688 times)

tileman

Over priced Grand Bahama?
« on: September 24, 2006, 11:13:12 pm »
Well I wet tested the Grand Bahama  today and liked it alot. I would have purchased, but at $7900 for the 52 jet configuration and no lifter or stairs, I was scared off. Is this price high or is that how much these spas cost?      Tileman

Hot Tub Forum

Over priced Grand Bahama?
« on: September 24, 2006, 11:13:12 pm »

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Over priced Grand Bahama?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 06:21:19 am »
overpriced

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 07:47:42 am »
Hard to say, but my gut says that's a bit high.

At $7,900 I would think you could get a spa in the Gold (maybe Platinum) line.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 10:40:38 am »
In 2004 I paid about $6700 for a Cayman which is basically the same tub. Prices have increased somewhat drastically since then.

My tub included a circ pump, 56 jets, 3 therapy pumps, ozone (not he upgraded system), SS jets, single LED light, plastic skirting and coverlifter.

Basing what I paid and the fact an increase in about $1100 over the 2 years, my opinion is your not too far off in price. But I will say that pricing is different all over the country ... my price is a NJ price.

clover

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 10:53:18 am »
Considering the Island Series has "menu" selected options that can be included it is hard to give an opinion on price.  After reviewing http://www.artesianspas.com/showroom/island/Bahama.asp  52 jets can be driven by 2 pumps or with an optional 3rd pump.  Other optional upgrades are 24 LED lighting, or "dyna bright" lighting, standard ozone, or "proPure" ozone system, water fall, circulation pump, stainless steel eschutcheons, dura wood cabinet, micro-ban shell all of which affect cost / pricing.

You do not indicate what was included in the particular spa you were quoted so it would be difficult for anyone to give you a meaningful response.  

Could you get it cheaper with the cover lifter and steps, maybe so, take your check book out and write a check so the dealer has the option to accept it or reject it, at least he will know your serious.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 12:40:43 pm »
Here in metro Chicago, we were quoted a price of $7500 (including stairs) for the Grand Cayman for the 62 jet version, so your price seems a bit high IMO. Try negotiating and see what you can do. By the way, we liked the Platinum series better and got a price of $10500 for the Dove Canyon (a wonderful tub with 5 pumps).

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 12:50:22 pm »
I paid $6177 for a leftover 05 gold series Opal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 12:50:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42