What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Optima - best colour combination  (Read 4286 times)

Styx555

Sundance Optima - best colour combination
« on: September 20, 2006, 01:55:49 pm »
Going for an Optima with the Sierra cabinet. What is the best shell colour combination to get with it?

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Optima - best colour combination
« on: September 20, 2006, 01:55:49 pm »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Re: Sundance Optima - best colour combination
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 02:17:53 pm »
I like the Sahara shell.  Azure would look good.  Maybe even Onyx.

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 02:37:07 pm »
Congrats Styx555.  What colors are you considering?

We went w/ Optima too... Gray cabinet with platinum (white) shell.  Picked this color combo b/c it ties nicely into siding/trim and deck color (siding is gray, white trim, deck is gray composite with white vinyl railings).   Personally I would rather have picked the natural looking "copper sand" shell (the various colors are beautiful and there is a subtle metallic sparkle) but DH preferred the cleanness of the white.  Didn't see the azure pearlescent in person but that looks nice too.  Not sure if the silver pearlescent is still avail in 2006 (not shown as option in 2006 brochure) but that looks like a beautiful color... very modern.

I don't think you can go wrong w/ any of the colors.. just depends on the degree you want it to blend into your existing setting, and whether you want smooth or pebbled surface.

Styx555

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 02:56:36 pm »
Does light colors show more water marks vs dark? smooth vs pebbled? Is one easier to clean than the other? We are leaning towards the bronze color.

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 03:54:26 pm »
Does light colors show more water marks vs dark? smooth vs pebbled? Is one easier to clean than the other? We are leaning towards the bronze color.

I have a pearl Vanguard, and yes, it shows the water spots.  When I am out at the tub throwing dichlor in or something, I wipe it down.  I guess it doesn't bother me as a hot tub is wet, thus water spots.  (like your bathroom and kitchen sinks/faucets) I had thought I wanted a textured, colored tub, but the first time I saw cloudy water, and the first time I saw a yellowish scum ring around the water's edge, and the first time I saw yucky stuff stuck to the inside walls of my filter basket, I was VERY glad I had the pearl so that I could see it.  When I open the tub to use it, either with family or with friends, I really could care less about the inevitable water spots--I care that it is clean and clear.  My friend has a textured teal tub out in a gazebo.  We always go in when it's dark out.  I can tell if the water is cloudy, but I cannot tell ANYTHING else.  I must assume it is clean.  I also agree with Patty on a different thread, about the pearl being a bit more timeless and less dated.  :)  I also agree with having it match your surrounding decor.  If I lived in a tropical area, however, maybe I'd go for a bright color!  Have fun choosing.
2005 HS Vanguard

barshnik

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 04:11:51 pm »
When we recently bought our Artesian Falcon floor model, the wife loved the smooth silvery pearl color of it (discontinued, by the way.)  Since she is a geologist by trade, I thought she would like a darker pebbled finish, but nooo...

The salesman privately told me the smooth pearls are 'chick' finishes.  Of course, we wound up buying just that.  And, although not a 'chick', I must admit it looks pretty nice to me...

John F
LV, NV (1pm, just got out of the tub for the 2nd time today and noticed water spots easily and quickly removed with a sponge kept out there.

tubbyB

• tub newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 05:24:44 pm »
We picked Sierra and Azure. In my opinion, it is awesome. Gotta wipe it down once in a while, I'm sure the bronze will show a bit if scum line like any other tub.

Note: If you buy the Optima and do not get a cover lifter, there are a couple of grommets on the underside of the cover. Becareful not to drag them across the shell. Pick up the cover rather than sliding it or get the cover lifter.
'06 Optima

mjb

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 05:45:10 pm »
Our most popular shell choices
are Platinum ( easiest to clean )
and Sahara ( hides the best ).

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 05:46:01 pm »
Our dealer had a copper sand Bahia filled which had a noticable scum line.  He pointed out that scum lines do show up more on darker colors.  He  went on to say that it was recently filled but they may have pumped water from a different spa (instead of filling fresh).  I believe the water was old/dirty b/c the Optima we wet tested a number of times was copper sand  & we never saw a scum line.   Dealer also said that the darker color would be hotter if you used spa during the day..  I racked these claims up to "dealer speak" and neither of these  factors impacted us.   We'll usually be using our tub at mostly at night and I'm going to wipe the spa clean on a regular basis.  Personally a scum line is a scum line, no matter how much it shows and I plan on preventing rather than ignoring it b/c it's "not  as visible"!  Let us know what you decide.

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 05:50:39 pm »
Our Maxxus is Platinum with Sierra sides.  Most beautiful tub in the world in my humble opinion.

Jr

SpaGirlAZ

• 2004 Sundance Marin
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 06:09:18 pm »
Styx, the bronze pearl looks fabulous with the red cabinet.  :)  

Being a darker color, it will get water spots easier, but being a slick finish, they'll wipe off easy. Azure and Platinum would look great too.. obviously I'm a fan of the smooth finishes. If it was my choice and I had to go with the Sierra cabinet, I'd go Bronze Pearl.

Congrats on your spa!

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 08:25:12 pm »
We got platinum with the Sierra and are glad we did. Friends have the sand color and its not as pretty in all of our opinions.

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 10:19:44 pm »
  On our Majesta we got the Azure and I think it's called coastal cabinet. Grey colour. Love ours.   paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 10:46:42 pm »
Not an Optima but ...

This is Artesian's Sterling Marble. I thought it looked sharp with the SS jets and the LED light!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 10:47:11 pm by Vinny »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 10:46:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42