What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Where should electric hook up come through concret  (Read 1796 times)

bwbski22

Where should electric hook up come through concret
« on: September 20, 2006, 03:34:22 pm »
where should the electrical hookup come out of the concrete pad.  should it be centered in the tub?  or off to one side.  thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Where should electric hook up come through concret
« on: September 20, 2006, 03:34:22 pm »

shabba34

Re: Where should electric hook up come through con
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 03:36:32 pm »
Depends on what kind of spa.  You should have received some sort of pre-delivery guide from your dealer describing in detail the schematics of the spa and where the electrical connects into the tub.

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 04:05:46 pm »
In the center of the tub would be a bad idea.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 04:38:39 pm »
My dealer told me about 1 - 1.5 foot in from any of the four corners would be ok.

I suppose like someone says it depends on the brand.

But my dealer did tell me the same thing about the center being a bad place.

Here is a picture of mine.

Hammster

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 04:49:45 pm »
Very important that you check your spa manual. Our Sundance has access holes on 2 of the sides for the conduit to run through. We have our spa situated about 2 feet from the edge of our patio and so the electrician ran the conduit in front of the patio, buried under the grass and then had the conduit come out of the grass and onto the top of the concrete and run to the opening in the spa cabinet. We have the conduit camoflauged with large potted plants that sit on a low bench to provide some privacy from our back door neighbor and also covers most of the conduit that runs the 2 feet on top of the patio. The electrician also waited until the spa was placed before running the conduit in front of the patio so he would know exactly where to bring the conduit up out of the grass and onto the patio.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 04:49:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42