What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bull Frog  how do they compare  (Read 18773 times)

ineedhelp

Re: Bull Frog  how do they compare
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2006, 01:22:13 pm »
Which is your favorite jet pack? and is that pump strong enough to run the whole tub? Thanks for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2006, 01:22:13 pm »

In Canada eh

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2006, 02:11:31 pm »
We ordered our tub with the Gyro'sage, Mini Neckblaster,  Alee V8 and clusterburst jet packs.  My favorite is the Gyro'sage my wifes is the Neckblaster.  We both find the clusterburst a little boring and may purchased the oscillator, which we liked when wet testing.   The 4.8 hp pump is the largest available and has more than enough power in all seats.  I don't know if you have wet tested yet but our dealer was more than willing to change jet packs if there was one we wanted to try.
Bullfrog 451

Pathfinder

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2006, 03:07:42 pm »
Bullfrog  is the first tub company to be carried exclusively by IPG
in Canada
the other tub companies  mentioned are not affiliated with buying groups  Hot Spring and Caldera are exclusive for all of Ontario to the Principal owners of the Pioneer name and Club pro

But with regards to pricing on the Bullfrogs  they were a steal when they joined IPG and with the very close exchange rate now the prices are even better.

In Canada eh

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2006, 05:03:11 pm »
Pathfinder,

Thanks for the insight into the industry, how do you come by your knowledge of the Canadian portion of the spa market, have you worked up here in the past?

Bullfrog 451

Pathfinder

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2006, 07:17:41 pm »
I have worked in the Pool and Spa Industry for 8 yrs now  
Started off Building pools then servicing pools and tubs then headed a pool and spa division for a company and now running a pool & spa division for my then at the time client of previous company.  So I started in the field  and now I get a nice cushy chair and office. But I will still do service calls and visit each one of my customers at least once a year to see how things are

Altazi

• 3 seats, 155hp jet pump - anything BUT relaxing!
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2006, 11:32:12 pm »
I went to the Bullfrog Spas website and watched a video that showed a nice-looking girl remove one Jetpak and replace it with another.  I didn't see any screwing of unions - not so that I noticed, anyway.  She just popped what looked like a pillow-cover off of the top of the seat, reached down, pushed the jetpack forward a bit, and lifted the whole business out.  Then she dropped another Jetpak into place, pushed it back into the opening, and put the pillow-cover thing back on.  Done.

You can see the video for yourself at: http://www.bullfrogspas.com/pages/jetpaks.asp

So, what's the deal?  Has the design changed so that union screwing is eliminated - just "plug and play"?  Is the pretty girl so fast at screwing the unions that I didn't see?  (if, so, darn!) ;D  Or does the video conveniently leave out the step where she would have to fumble around with the union screwing?

Thanks in advance for your explanations!

Regards,

Altazi

In Canada eh

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2006, 11:49:44 pm »
So, what's the deal?  Has the design changed so that union screwing is eliminated - just "plug and play"?  Is the pretty girl so fast at screwing the unions that I didn't see?  (if, so, darn!) ;D  Or does the video conveniently leave out the step where she would have to fumble around with the union screwing?

Hmmm.... pretty girls,.......union screwing,...............Bill's gonna stop this one! ;)

No I don't believe the design has changed, our tub is a 06 and it has unions.   Maybe the pretty girl really was that fast at union screwing( oh I know thats going to be quoted a couple of times).  I don't know why the video dosen't show the unions being undone,  its not difficult and takes about 30sec per seat and really is as easy as the video implies.  Remove headrest, undo 2 unions, push forward and lift out, set new pack in place, tighten 2 unions, push back and replace head rest.

Hope this clarifies
Bullfrog 451

Altazi

• 3 seats, 155hp jet pump - anything BUT relaxing!
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2006, 12:18:03 am »
Hi, In_Canada_eh,

Based on your description, I don't think the video shows any screwing of unions.  NO one could be THAT fast - pretty or not!

Altazi

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2006, 08:32:31 am »
The video is misleading. The design hasn't changed as the unions are clearly visible, but for some reason she leaves them disconnected. I'm not sure why they would show it this way because connecting the unions takes only a few seconds.
Bullfrog 562

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2006, 09:21:40 am »
Good Morning-
Going to Bullfrog tomorrow for a wet test.  
My thoughts are this.  I am going to load the tub with max amount of jet packs.  I do not plan on switching them in and out.
I am wondering about the pressure if the tub is full of packs?

Give you my update tomorrow. ::)

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2006, 09:37:44 am »
Switching a few of them is inevitable as you get to know the tub better. Certain seat depths and angles work best with certain jet packs. As for the jet strength, I opted for the upgraded 2speed higher output pumps and the output is more than you need.
Bullfrog 562

In Canada eh

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2006, 06:33:24 pm »
I am wondering about the pressure if the tub is full of packs?
Give you my update tomorrow. ::)

Hottbpete,

Our tub is a Bullfrog 451, has only one pump and has a couple of water hog jet packs(neckblaster and gyro'sage) and we find the water pressure great.

Remember to talk to your dealer about upgrading the pump if they have not already done so.

I'll look forward to your review
Bullfrog 451

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2006, 10:32:57 pm »
Watched the video and think I have the answer for why she didn't do the unions......It's all tied to hair color...

She's Blond!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 10:33:13 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2006, 10:32:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42