What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Its gettin' chilly!  Anyone own a fire pit?  (Read 6172 times)

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
Re: Its gettin' chilly!  Anyone own a fire pi
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 12:58:57 am »
I don't have a fire pit but have one of these:

And I used it a few times last winter. It's nice to sit by the fire and feel the wamth. My youngest thought it was neat to sit in the tub and look at the fire.

I plan on getting one of those, also.  A friend has one, and the chimney works very well in keeping the smoke out of your face.

I've already set aside scrap wood from out backyard project.  (almost done)

It gets pretty chilly near the coast at night here in San Diego.  Down to the mid 40's in Jan - Feb, even when it's 65 - 75  during the day.

-geekd

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 12:58:57 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 09:16:37 am »
I was never a big fan of the chimena.  I thought the fire box area was way too small and only offered a view of the fire from one direction. It was hard roasting marshmellows as the door/grate was kinda small on the one I saw/used.

I'm not saying not to get one,  but  if you have the opportunity, see one in action and decided for yourself if it's the right thing for you before hauling one of em home. I had a few friends get them in the "Great Chimenea Craze of 2001" and they now sit unused  in the corner of thier yard     I think they can be great, but like Geekd did, try and see one in action  first.   :)  I do like the front grate on the one in his pic. Som are very small and not practical IMHO.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 09:22:22 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 09:16:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42