What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bromine Corrosive?  (Read 8144 times)

Amanda_Panda

• Clearwater
Re: Bromine Corrosive?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 08:08:26 pm »
She mentioned that we have switched to a Bromine Floater and are very happy with it.  He said this is a bad idea because bromine is very corrosive and will make our jets wear out quicker.  

Bromine itself (when the water is monitored/balanced correctly) should be fine. I believe you should keep a close eye on it though. Many people feel that the bromine floater will keep the water sanitized for them by just simply keeping the floater full of tablets. It is very important to make sure that you adjust the amount of tablets exposed to the water as your spa usage changes.
*more people for longer periods=more tabs showing
*less people not often=less tabs showing

If this is not done, you can under or over-brominate your water. Over-brominating can be the cause of corrosion.

I have found some people that find the floating dispenser obtrusive/invasive when using the spa and they remove it. I do not recommend this because you are introducing "things" into the water by using the spa so removing your source sanitation can potentially cause a situation in your water where you'd have to play "catch up" to keep it clean.
The best intention pales in comparison to the smallest good deed.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Bromine Corrosive?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 08:08:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42