What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need advise to shop  (Read 3305 times)

SpaShopper

Need advise to shop
« on: September 13, 2006, 02:39:56 am »
I am currently in the market for a spa. I visited a Coast Spa dealer and was quoted $15,000 for the Extreme 80 spa, set in slate, with TV/DVD/CD systems. As well as the floating remote. From what I have read the warranty they offered me is slightly under the standard at 5 years for everything (except the electronics 1yr). I sould mention this price does not include set up, delivery,  cover, stairs or bromide kit. There also is a $55 trip fee for any warranty concerns.

I also spoke with an Elite Spa's dealer. Their Elete ES 65 jet tub with CD/AM/FM is being offered to me at $9700 delivered. With an additional $600 to set up any electrical.

Any insite on these manufacturers and pricing would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Need advise to shop
« on: September 13, 2006, 02:39:56 am »

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
Re: Need advise to shop
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 03:01:24 am »
Ill admit I dont know anything about coast spas.  But for the amount of money you listed you have a lot of options.

Ask you self some basic questions -

What do I need my spa to do -
How many people on average will use it -
What features do I need -
What features do I want -

IMO the tv/stereo set up isn't worth the extra money

Find all available dealers in your area and visit them

Plan on spending a couple of months spa shopping - you will get frustrated doing this but in the end it will be worth it.

Last but not least  - WET TEST - WET TEST - WET TEST!!!!!!!

Happy Spa Shopping

r100rs

SpaShopper

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 03:15:33 am »
Thank you for the tips

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 01:01:30 pm »
I would strongly recommend looking into some of the other manufacturers.  Check out Sundance, Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, and Dimension One.

If it's features you're after, all four have those same features except the TV.  If the TV is a must for you, check out Dynasty.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 01:08:45 pm »
Just adding my opionon to shop around. I have no specific info on those brands you mentioned, but $15000.00 is  a boatload of dough for a spa.  Granted, the Coast has a lot a flash, but $15000.00 I don't know about that.
Definatly check out the top models by Hotspring, D1 and others.

Personaly, I'd take a pass on the TV (moisture and heat are not too compatable with TV's). I'd  put the money in a seperate system if a TV was manadatory.

I'd like to hear more about these spas. Did you wet test them? What others did you look at?
07 Caldera Geneva

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 01:55:11 pm »
We looked at Coast Spas.  They look great, but the jets were not recessed enough and just sitting dry was uncomfortable.  (Of course the dealer said that the bouyancy of the water would eliminate the jet-poking-back feeling.)  And the dealer only had a tub at 70 degrees set up.  We wondered if the reason the hot tub dealer didn't have a HOT tub was because he didn't want us to test out his bouyancy theory.

If you haven't done so already take a look at some other brands. And WET testing is a must.  We tested Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, Arctic, Sundance and Caldera (and looked at 1/2 dozen other manuf) before deciding.  You can get a great spa for 7K-10K.

SpaShopper

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 03:14:39 pm »
I have not Wet tested this spa. We saw it at a fair here in Las Vegas.
I did find a forum that had four reviews of Coast spas and three of the four were really bad. Not a good start!! They all had leaking issues almost immediately after the purchase. One individal has been dealing with the exact co I am dealing with and has not been happy at all.

So, I am going to take everyones advise and look at other brands. I will be sure to wet test!!

Thank you so much!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 03:23:07 pm »
We looked at Coast Spas.  They look great, but the jets were not recessed enough and just sitting dry was uncomfortable.  (Of course the dealer said that the bouyancy of the water would eliminate the jet-poking-back feeling.)  And the dealer only had a tub at 70 degrees set up.  We wondered if the reason the hot tub dealer didn't have a HOT tub was because he didn't want us to test out his bouyancy theory.

If you haven't done so already take a look at some other brands. And WET testing is a must.  We tested Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, Arctic, Sundance and Caldera (and looked at 1/2 dozen other manuf) before deciding.  You can get a great spa for 7K-10K.

AT $15000 you better wet test!

07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 04:42:25 pm »

AT $15000 you better wet test!

At $15k I'd expect them to provide some hot tub therapy models to join me.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 04:42:39 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

LINDALU

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 09:04:05 pm »
We are into tubbing about 3 months.
Our average soak time in the tub is about 45 minutes +/- in about 101 degree water.
So, I would suggest finding a tub that fits your requirements for comfort, quality, and usage first, then determine what extras are really needed.
I would really question the value of having a built in T.V. &/or Audio.
Also, if you need service, who will do it and what is their reputation.

In Canada eh

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 11:17:36 pm »
Coast spas have had mixed reviews and in the price range you are talking about I think you could do alot better.  Check out Hot Springs, Sundance, Jaccuzzi, D1, Artesian and of couse look at a Bullfrog they are alot less money and a better tub IMO than Coast.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 11:18:11 pm by Confused_in_Canada »
Bullfrog 451

MarKee

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 01:07:54 am »
Also check out Marquis if there is a dealer in your area.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 09:08:52 am »
Sift through the Review Section and find out what others say about their particular spas.  Though many manufacturers mentioned in threads above produce quality spas, don't limit yourself to just those brands.  Take r100rs's advice and wet test until you find the most comfortable spas for you and then consider the dealers...go with the dealer that has the best reputation.  Ask for references and call a couple of his customers to see what they report.  Hopefully you will find a quality spa that is comfortable to you and a quality dealer to make your purchase a quality experience. And don't rush your purchase...it is well worth the extra time investment.8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

barshnik

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 11:09:11 am »
I have not Wet tested this spa. We saw it at a fair here in Las Vegas.
I did find a forum that had four reviews of Coast spas and three of the four were really bad. Not a good start!! They all had leaking issues almost immediately after the purchase. One individal has been dealing with the exact co I am dealing with and has not been happy at all.

So, I am going to take everyones advise and look at other brands. I will be sure to wet test!!

Thank you so much!

If you live in LV, don't buy before checking out the Artesian factory store on the east side of Lamb just north of Craig.  Ask for Ceaser, tell him John Friederich sent you.  They have a few larger models filled and ready to test, and they seem to be very well built (I love the individual seat motor and air controls for each seat in the Platinum series.

We love the (not so) small 3 seat Falcon Cove we got from them recently after shopping for 2 months.

John F
LV, NV

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 11:09:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42