What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera for $9k  (Read 2978 times)

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
Caldera for $9k
« on: September 08, 2006, 02:17:35 pm »
How is 9K for a Caldera Niagra.  With delivery/install, cover, cover lift, start up chemicals and a set of stairs.

Seems like I should pay around $7.5k after comparing and shopping

Any help would be appreciated.....even from sales people  ;D  see my other post

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera for $9k
« on: September 08, 2006, 02:17:35 pm »

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
Re: Caldera for $9k
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 03:00:59 pm »
hottbpete,

We looked at a Niagra before buying our SunDance and was right around the same price your being quoted. I believe the exact figures was $8900.00 with everything you mentioned plus the GFCI box.

Jr

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 03:59:02 pm »
Hottbpete -
Are you in New England by any chance?

BIGPOPPA

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 04:22:36 pm »
well to answer your question i sold the Caldera Niagra loaded for 8599.00 that was in the Virginia Beach, Virginia market.  We did not negotiate on price whatso-ever but it included confer steps, Watkins pro-lift and chems (two silver Monarch Cartridges). As for thinking 7.5k  that would be to low in margin for a dealer to survive selling them at that price unless you were looking at floor model.  Hope my input helped.

BIGPOPPA

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 04:27:00 pm »
No I am not in New England.  I am, however,  from new england.

Ok looks like 8-8.5k for a deal.  

Off to make the kill ;)

BIGPOPPA

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 04:31:46 pm »
goodluck brotha.....it's a great spa but the Nautillus from D1 gives it a run for its money..............

BigPoppa

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 05:53:05 pm »
I just checked out the D1 Nautilis and it does not have any controls for the air/water combination.  The Niagra does, am I off base on this?

BIGPOPPA

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 06:11:46 pm »
I just checked out the D1 Nautilis and it does not have any controls for the air/water combination.  The Niagra does, am I off base on this?

your right the Nautillus does not have valves controlling air.  if that is a major incentive to buy then go Caldera, but honestly most find it something not worth denying another product.  There are many things the nautillus has and does that go a little further and better than the Niagra.  I have sold both and liked both but for my money i would buy the nautillus.  I feel it has a much better filtration system and ozone system along with better jetting for certain muscle groups.  Dont get me wrong though the Niagra is one fine spa!

BIGPOPPA
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 06:12:52 pm by BIGPOPPA »

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 06:24:22 pm »
The dealership is the one going to make the kill

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 06:46:37 pm »

zzzzzzzzzzzz
220, 221, whatever it takes!

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 10:00:31 pm »

zzzzzzzzzzzz
^--- Second that  ;)

HOTTUBPETE -

I think 9K is a fair price for Caldera Niagara.  I had posted here that we were given a price of 7,500.  The dealer was getting in some new spas and needed to make room so they were having an inventory reduction sale.  We were given a written quote of 8,500 for Elation.  Next time we visited we wet tested Elation and realized we didn't want the lounger and asked for pricing for the Niagara.  The salesgirl told us "Niagara has no stereo, so its 1,000 less" however we did not receive a written quote.   From what I've read here 7,500 would have been an outstanding price...  But quite honestly they had 2 of each model(caldera/niagara), and 3 of the 4 spas were on the floor making them floor models.  And from what I could ascertain 3 of the 4 were 2005 models.  (The Niagara I would have purchased was champagne opal, still wrapped in warehouse.  Based on color I "suspected" it was a 2006).    The dealer provided wishy-washy  answers when I questioned the model years.  Anyway, what I"m getting at is that the $7,500 was unwritten, and may or may not have been for a new 2006 spa.  

In the end we went with Sundance Optima because we (1) couldn't wet test the Niagara and (2) felt more comfortable that we knew exactly what we were getting for our money.  And (3) most importantly, we LOVED the spa.  If we'd been able to wet test the Niagara I would have requested a written quote of 7,500 and would have taken the new/wrapped spa from the warehouse.  

If you want the Niagara offer them in the low 8,000s and see what they come back with.  Pricing differs depending on your location, however IMO you should be able to get for 8,500-8,800.  I found the Caldera dealer to be WAAAAAAY more open to negotiation than the Sundance dealer.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:26:27 pm by patty »

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 12:18:32 am »
well to answer your question i sold the Caldera Niagra loaded for 8599.00 that was in the Virginia Beach, Virginia market.  We did not negotiate on price whatso-ever but it included confer steps, Watkins pro-lift and chems (two silver Monarch Cartridges). As for thinking 7.5k  that would be to low in margin for a dealer to survive selling them at that price unless you were looking at floor model.  Hope my input helped.

BIGPOPPA
hey there big poppa, are you still selling calderas in va beach? on the blvd across from ford dealer?

BIGPOPPA

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 02:02:45 pm »
Do we know each other Obi Wan?  That was my store..........

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 01:58:12 pm »
Patty-
Great Info.  Thanks for taking the time to write out the details.
I will get back to you later in the week wih the results :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 01:58:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42