What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: No Ozone for....  (Read 2062 times)

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
No Ozone for....
« on: August 25, 2006, 07:15:59 pm »
5 days now. What I did was simply unplug my ozonator from the control panel and plugged the top of the mazzi injector.

No bubbles, and no ozone.

I notice no difference in my water quality. I have not changed my chemical routine or soaking habits.

If I continue to have no issues I'm not plugging it back in.

Hot Tub Forum

No Ozone for....
« on: August 25, 2006, 07:15:59 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: No Ozone for....
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 07:36:09 pm »
sledjunkie,

I don't know how often you soak but I would think that soaking every day or other day and following a vailid dosing would have great results.

I soak about once a week or so and I really need to put 1 teaspoon in every other day to keep my water crystal clear.

I now have my ozonator running for 24/7 for another experiment, I haven't had anybody in the tub for 2 1/2 days now and the water is still crystal clear. I'm not drawing any conclusions here yet but I am going on vacation on Sunday to Friday and that will be the acid test. I plan on shocking Sat night and I will see what happens when I get home, I haven't had my water last without chlorine in it for that long. I'm interested to see what happens to my tub on vacation.

I truely don't think anybody needs ozone if you use the tub daily or so, I bet that you'll have great looking water without ozone.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 08:26:12 pm »
I'm confused. Why would you care how clear you water is during the period(5 days or so) when your not even soaking in it or even lifting the cover?

Why wouldn't you just throw a tsp or so in just before (or the day of) the next time you soak, so the water is clean and sanitary?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 08:58:30 pm »
My water will get cloudy and I have soaked in sanitized cloudy water but it's not too appealing. It's kind of like swimming in a pool with algea ... you can do it but do you want to do it.

And there's another thing, if your water goes bad you need to shock (there's a lot of bacteria in a cloudy tub), use clarifier to clear it up and clean the filters to get rid of the gunk they collected.

My preference is to not have that happen.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 08:58:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42