What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot springs auxiliary control panel  (Read 9357 times)

lebowski

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
hot springs auxiliary control panel
« on: August 21, 2006, 03:56:27 pm »
hi, all.
love our grandee. but the auxiliary control panel is on the fritz. i checked to make sure it wasn't being locked out at the main panel. far as i can tell, it just stopped working.
a couple of months ago, when the HS "set up" guy was here to help with installation, he said there were "issues" with the aux panel.
anyone else seen/have this problem? is it worth making a fuss over to get fixed?
thx in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

hot springs auxiliary control panel
« on: August 21, 2006, 03:56:27 pm »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Re: hot springs auxiliary control panel
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 04:59:18 pm »
Lebowski, the aux. panels on the HS are an easy fix.  Your dealer should have them in stock.  It could be something so simple as it just came detached.  I suppose you should only make as much of a fuss as you are concerned about it.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 05:36:10 pm »
Yeah I heard hot spring tubs have computer issues.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 06:32:01 pm »
There are no "computer issues."  It's simply a missed connection on an item that isn't at all necessary for standard operation of the tub.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 06:50:58 pm »
I define it as a computer issue as would the end user as the problem effects the computer.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 07:08:11 pm »
Simple fix.  Call your dealer.  Part of your warranty.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 07:37:03 pm »
"small" issues are still annoying issues....personally, if it's under warranty, I'd call and get the dealer to fix/replace it. If you've got any other minor issues/concerns, this would be a good time to write them all down and have them all taken care of (if more than one). That way, you can feel that the dealer's trip is more worthwhile.

I use the auxillary control panel a lot, so to me it's more than a minor annoyance.
Good luck!
RIP C-Rod

BearBath

• Ya snooze Ya Lose
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 09:09:40 pm »
Hmmm. When was you Grandee delievered? Mine was this last Thanksgiving and the Aux panel just this weekend cut out! Might be a defect?
BearBath

lbnaz

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 11:55:03 pm »
I have a 2005 Vista the aux panel went on that in june. They replaced & it went out again 1 month later. They are back tommorrow to replace again. I use this panel alot so it is not just a minor conveniance for me. You paid for a working panel, it should work. Good luck.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 12:03:28 am »
I have a 2005 Vista the aux panel went on that in june. They replaced & it went out again 1 month later. They are back tommorrow to replace again. I use this panel alot so it is not just a minor conveniance for me. You paid for a working panel, it should work. Good luck.

Do you know what failed? Was it one button that failed or did the entire panel die?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 10:43:42 am »
The aux panel failed on my Envoy a few months ago.  The dealer fixed it in about 15 minutes under warranty.  Not a big deal.  

Bill

lbnaz

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 11:38:13 pm »

Reply #9 - Today at 12:03am    Quote from lbnaz on Yesterday at 11:55pm:

Do you know what failed? Was it one button that failed or did the entire panel die?
 The panel would light up, but none of the button function would work. 2nd panel did the same thing

lebowski

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 06:48:40 pm »
thx for the replies, guys.
i called the dealer and he couldn't have been cooler about replacing the aux panel. and he wasn't suprised with my report, backing up what the installation chap told me a couple of months ago.
he said the HS brass are well aware of the problem and are working on a permanent fix. until then, he promised to replace as many aux panels as go out.
anyway, good guy, good dealer.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 07:08:25 pm »
I define it as a computer issue as would the end user as the problem effects the computer.
I would not define it as a computer issue, since the tub continues to run perfectly: temp is still adjustable and stable, circ pump keeps running, lights and jets can be used as per normal - in other words all the functions of the spa are available for use, the aux panel just doesn't work. On some of the failed aux panels it is one button which gives out, others it's the whole panel.

Yes, I have replaced a bunch of them, and I try to keep a half-dozen of each on the shelf. Yes, the 'brass' is very much aware and we have already gotten one revision, I'm sure we'll get another. And yes, I'm sure that if you have a problem after the warranty that you can get taken care of - especially if you have already had one replaced during the warranty. I wouldn't wait, just to make that easier, but I also wouldn't panic.

This is, after all, HotSpring we're talking about...
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 07:08:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42