What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie considering HS Envoy  (Read 2582 times)

wlgjr

Newbie considering HS Envoy
« on: August 14, 2006, 02:15:39 pm »
I am considering purchase of HS Envoy, and would like information about "List Price" versus a reasonable price for the Envoy, without SpaAudio.  Also, would like opinions regarding the types of cover lifters available. I live in the SE.
Thanks for your help!   :-?

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie considering HS Envoy
« on: August 14, 2006, 02:15:39 pm »

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
Re: Newbie considering HS Envoy
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 03:39:18 pm »
I paid ~ $9K for mine, cover w/lifter, steps, chems, delivered in South Florida in January 2005.  Prices have gone up a bit since then I believe.  

Bill

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 06:39:09 pm »
If you are looking at the Envoy, there are a few must-haves.

Cover Cradle.  I can not stress this enough- get either a Cover Cradle or a Cover Cradle II as your lifter of choice.

Steps-  Make sure that you get a set that will go up high, as it is a little bit taller tub.

Hand-rail-  Not really a must-have, but will certainly help as there isn't a cool-down perch.  I typically place one that rotates 360 on the right-hand side of the lounge.

Make sure you know where the spa is going to sit and specify if you need a side-to-side cover so that they can order it as such.

Also bargain for some filters (maybe even just one that you can put on the circ. pump stack).

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 09:39:38 pm »
Plenty of Envoy soakers here, maybe they'll chime in. widen your search. Go with the dealer who makes you feel the most comfortable, even if it means paying a bit more.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 10:37:55 pm »
Hey, my fist post!

My wife and I were considering an Envoy, but after a wet test we didn't like the lounger as much as we thought we would.  

We just had our Grandee delived this past Saturday, and we love it.

We were quoted $8400 for the Envoy and paid $8900 for the Grandee.  Cover, lifer, starter chems, delivery & installation, in San Diego.  No audio.

We had to have electrical run - $300, and a slab poured, ~$500 (friend of a friend deal).

So, wet test it, make sure you like the lounger.  You give up a seat for it, so you better like it!

-geekd

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 11:24:16 pm »
The Envoy is a great spa if it fits you correctly. I suggest wet testing to make sure. I personally love the lounger. Most people who don't like the lounger float out of them. Let us know what you decide.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 12:03:47 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Danny_L

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 12:51:05 am »
I love the lounger in the Vista but not sure if it's the moto massage or the actual lounger.  I think I could live with the Grandee also.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 12:53:33 am by Danny_L »
2006 Hotsprings Vista

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 12:22:02 am »
Danny_L,

Can you post some flying photos for us sometime? What a life.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Danny_L

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 01:10:41 am »
Danny_L,

Can you post some flying photos for us sometime? What a life.

My avatar is a little misleading.  I'm actually a weapons loader in the Air Force and the avatar photo was taken on a incentive flight while I was in Canada for an exercise.  It was on a Canadian T-33, which is a Korean War vintage fighter used as a trainer till just a few years ago.  Awesome ride but got a little woozy during the low level manuveres.  :-[

Tried to get a good reflection off the helmet visor.  :-/

2006 Hotsprings Vista

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 01:10:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42