What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Outdoor Hot Tub- Heat loss?  (Read 10246 times)

Pastor_Mac

Re: Outdoor Hot Tub- Heat loss?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 09:17:30 pm »
I live about 20 min south of Canton ( Football Hall of Fame :-))
Yep, there is a Jacuzzi and HS dealer pretty close. I liked my old one that I sold with the house. I just want to be sure I get something that is good on my back from my back surgery. I usually shut down the jets after a couple minutes because it hurt my surgery area.

I'm just concerned about Hot tub being outside on the deck. Rodents and bugs due much damage?

The other concern is filters. The envoy has 5 of them! So thats $150 plus filter change.

What cold weather problems could I expect? Freezing on panel controls or the like?

I truly appreciate all the feedback!

God Bless,

John

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 09:17:30 pm »

hymbaw

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 11:23:37 am »
Welcome to the board Pastor_Mac.  It's good to have another ethically minded person here as I am outnumbered by the heatherns.

Two points:

1.  The Jacuzzi dealer is lying to you.  The Sovereign heater will run even with the jets on using a 50 amp service.  I will pray for him to turn from his wickedness.
St. Terminator

A trurly ethical man would say the Sundance dealer is misinformed.   :P

Why? As far as we know he hasn't spoken to a Sundance dealer.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 11:29:55 am »
I believe my tiger river is 50 amp. (220v). It's outside in Central MA and used all year.  I haven't had a problem keeping it at temp.  It's not even an issue.

The Artics will get warmer, because the pumps are blasting away and will heat up the air barrier....is it a feature? or a design bug?   ;)    

07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2006, 11:52:12 am »

I was making the assumption that he visited the Sundance/Jacuzzi dealer near me.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 12:12:19 pm »
I'm just concerned about Hot tub being outside on the deck. Rodents and bugs due much damage?
Most of the better brands of spas are pretty critter-proof.  About the only ones that have trouble are the "kit" spas that are sold on the side of the road and out of storage facilities:

Varmints love to get inside a hollow cabinet and chew on the plumbing when they get the fidgets.

The other concern is filters. The envoy has 5 of them! So thats $150 plus filter change.
The Envoy has 5 Tri-X filters which are rated to last 7-10 years.  They cost around $60/each and can be cleaned in the dishwasher.  A great many of my customers have switched to them and are tickled pink with the results.

What cold weather problems could I expect? Freezing on panel controls or the like?
I can't speak for other brands, but that has not ever been a concern on a HotSpring Spa.  HotSpring has dealers in Switzerland, Greenland, the Netherlands, and some other mighty cold places.  They are built like a tank and can take pretty much any condition Mammy Nature hurls at them. :)

Brer Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

The_Bends

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 12:18:45 pm »

The Artics will get warmer, because the pumps are blasting away and will heat up the air barrier....is it a feature? or a design bug?   ;)    

If you have ever planned a night out with a special someone, only to find that right before you hop in, one of your hooligan friends was playing with the controls and dropped the temperature, it is a bonus feature.  

Besides, in this day in age, we should all be recycling (even heat from motors) more!...  ;D
Arctic Spas Hydrotherapy Technician

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 12:18:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42