What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 Californian vs. Marquis 530 Ultimate (vs. ???)  (Read 3551 times)

Gholead

• This space for rent
D1 Californian vs. Marquis 530 Ultimate (vs. ???)
« on: August 13, 2006, 12:26:53 am »
We're still working on a first time tub decision, but getting mighty close to deciding.  Our budget is 6-8K for everything.  We've wet tested a slew of models and are down to a decision between the D1 Californian and the Marquis 530 Ultimate.  The wet tests were pretty much a wash  (ahem...  ;)) and the D1 seems to win on warranty and (mildly) on dealer proximity and friendliness-- though it ends up being at the top of that range, while the 530 is in the middle.  

Anybody want to provide some advice on technical aspects?  Filtration systems?  Personal experience?

--Gholead

Hot Tub Forum

D1 Californian vs. Marquis 530 Ultimate (vs. ???)
« on: August 13, 2006, 12:26:53 am »

MarKee

Re: D1 Californian vs. Marquis 530 Ultimate (vs. ?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 01:49:40 pm »
The warranty on the Marquis transfers if you ever sell the house/spa.  The Constant clean system with spa frog makes maintenance very easy.  There are no pillows in the 530 to deteriorate over time.  I believe D1 uses a circulation pump that is always on.  You are looking at two solid brands though.  Good luck

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 02:06:30 pm »
D-1 has a very good reputation as does the Marquis....I hope you had a good wet test/ demo of the Marquis and that you sat in the deeper lounge seat and focused the therapy on the lower back....for me it is very tough to beat it or equal it with the cluster of 4 of the HK40 jets.....both are fine fine spas....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 02:06:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42