What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa frog  (Read 2053 times)

glastron

• no one doesnt like spatopia
spa frog
« on: August 11, 2006, 12:31:34 am »
ok well since my marquis has a built in spa frog system thats what im useing.now as i understand it dispenses the bromine when the pumps are running. total time is appx 9hours per day including use. problem is there only lasting 2 weeks max.i have it set at 1 and bromine lvl is good. shouldnt they last longer?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 12:32:49 am by glastron »

Hot Tub Forum

spa frog
« on: August 11, 2006, 12:31:34 am »

MarKee

Re: spa frog
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 02:32:51 am »
9 hours seems like a lot.  The spa should filter 4 hours out of a 24 hour time period.  If you use it during the day, it will go through a SmartClean filter cycle and automatically filter for an hour.  So if you used it for 1/2 hr, that would total 5 1/2 hrs.  Are you using it more than that?  You can have your bromine level at 1PPM, you might try move the cartridge to a 0 setting.  Even on 0 the cartridge still lets some bromine out.  Also, are you using the yellow or green cartridge?  

glastron

• no one doesnt like spatopia
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 07:57:09 am »
im useing the yellow ones,ok ill reset my filter cycles.we use it twice a day and i also have it set to filter twice at 3 hours each.i kinda thought it would have been like the pool the more filter the better.Although its protected from the weather and such.I'll goto factory defaults on the cycles.Thanks for the info

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 07:57:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42