What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Geneva anyone???  (Read 2835 times)

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
Caldera Geneva anyone???
« on: July 31, 2006, 02:06:06 am »
Well after much research, and countless trips to the hot tub dealers in our area, the wife and I are really leaning towards purchasing a new Cadera Geneva.  We are going back tomorrow night to wet test it again, and if all goes well, we will be placing our order for one.  They are pricing it to us for right at $9500 (cover, lift, steps, chems, delivery & setup), however, due to the comparisons we have done, along with the fact the dealer knows we are also very interested in a Catalina sold by the competition, I am thinking we can get it between $9000-9300.  First question is the price comparable to what others have paid, and secondly, what feedback can you guys give on the Geneva or Caldera in general?

Thanks once again,
Gary

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Geneva anyone???
« on: July 31, 2006, 02:06:06 am »

kellpup2112

• U win some, U lose some, but U party on 'em all!
Re: Caldera Geneva anyone???
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 08:21:21 am »
My wife and I paid $8695 plus tax for a total of $9390 for our '05 model. We've had zero problems and love using our tub. We soak on average 6 days a week for about an hour, so we definitely give it a workout. You might see if your dealer will throw in an extra filter. Having two makes it much easier to degrease the filter, which I do once a month, without having your spa out of commission. If you have any specific questions I'd be glad to help, but I'm leaving for work so I can't answer until this evening.

waterman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 03:17:03 pm »
have you compared the Geneva to the tahitian?

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 06:52:30 pm »
waterman,

It looks like the Geneva and Tahitian are almost identical except the Geneva is 7.5x7.5 and the Tahitian is 7x7.  Do you have one of these 2?

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 10:46:57 pm »
I've had countless customers wetest the Geneva to lots of other brands. it usually wins out. it's a great tub. enjoy it.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 11:34:46 am »
The Geneva is my favorite tub of the ones I have tried.  It is well made, the ergonomics are the best, and it is nice looking. I had one for about a year before selling the house.  My current Envoy is nice too, gentler (i.e. less powerful) and not as comfortable.  The price you mention seems about right.

Regards,

Bill

unclesalty

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 06:20:48 am »
Our geneva is now one month old, our previous tub was a hs soverign. We dont regret the purchase for a minute! The geneva is deeper, has a larger variety of jets and is a lot more powerful. We paid 7900 (tampa FL) and got 1 yr same as cash financing. tub,cover,lifter and startup chems. Ours was delivered on a sunday morning, one guy went thru the manual with me and the other started filling and did the electrical hookup. They tested the tub once it was filled, added the chems and left. It took about 2 hours.
My wife is permanently "pruned" from being in the tub so much. Go for it! :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 06:20:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42