What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water crystal clear after 8 day vacation  (Read 2941 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Water crystal clear after 8 day vacation
« on: July 30, 2006, 03:45:22 pm »
I just got back from an 8 day vacation. I usually have a neighbor add a little dichlor every two or three days for us when we're gone. This time I shocked the water before we left and did nothing for 8 days. I was surprised that my water was crystal clear when I got home yesterday. I was expecting the water to be very cloudy.

I have a Hotspring Envoy with Ozone and am using an N2 cartridge if that matters. What do you do with your water when you leave for vacation?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Water crystal clear after 8 day vacation
« on: July 30, 2006, 03:45:22 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Water crystal clear after 8 day vacation
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 04:27:32 pm »
Only been away that long once since we bought the tub and our daughter kept my routine up.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 04:49:16 pm »
We were gone from a Tuesday to the following Thursday (were on board the Crown Princess during its tilting episode).  We just gave a little extra shock and we came home and it was just a tad cloudy.  We were expecting a mess of some sort.  Were due to change the water before vacation but decided to wait until afterward so we could dump the mess.  Turns out there was no mess to dump!  We did lower the temperature as well.  Not sure what effect that had on the chemicals.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 09:50:06 am »
Gomb,

i have  a Tiger river caspain, with FWIII ozone and use dichlor.  I don't use the N2 cartridge.  I do the exact same thing you do, shock and balance the water and go.   I've come home after week long vacations and never had a problem. Myt water was alwasy crystal clear and looked great.  (not counting the time  when I was away and  my brother came by by with his 4 kids and actually ate chinese food in the hot tub.  >:( ,   I mean WTF?  I found rice in my filter pleats.

But yea, other than that, I never had a problem with leaving my tub unattened for a week. I come back, it's fine and I usually toss in some dichlor to get the CL up to 5ppm  and Iam back in business.  I love it.
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 11:38:21 am »
How old was the water before you left?  I'm not sure it has any relevance, but I wonder if older water will go south faster if left alone, than new water.   I think if I know I am going to be away, I'd probably plan the change for after my return, rather than prior to my departure.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 01:21:14 pm »
I've left for a week with my similar setup (N2 and Ozone in an Envoy) without a problem, no matter how old the water is.  Last time I was at 3+ months.  I change it every 4.  We have also gone a week without using it especially during this heat wave, so it only gets weekly dichlor shock,  again no problems.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 01:22:18 pm by tonyp »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 06:03:06 pm »
Clear water does not equate to good water. It may be acidic.

Battery acid is a very clear liquid but I do not think you would want to sit in it.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 06:03:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42