What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: handicapped people and spas  (Read 3695 times)

marianb

handicapped people and spas
« on: July 19, 2006, 06:06:44 pm »
I have an adult  daughter with Cerebral Palsy and I thought the spa would be good for her.  She is in a wheelchair so would be lifted into the spa.  Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

Hot Tub Forum

handicapped people and spas
« on: July 19, 2006, 06:06:44 pm »

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
Re: handicapped people and spas
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 06:29:31 pm »
I am not sure about it being good or bad for her, but for easier access you might want to sink the tub into a deck (if thats possible) or build a ramp to the tub, that way she could just be wheeled up.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 08:31:55 am »
*bump*
another good (IMO) post that's managed to slip past before being answered......my thought is that maybe one of the dealers may have connections with people that know about this kind of thing...anyone?
RIP C-Rod

Brookenstein

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 09:29:28 am »
I know we've had a few people post on here who buy it for people with a dissability of some sort.  The last one I remember was someone looking at a Sundance tub that seats just one I think.  I'm not sure if they bought the tub and/or ever reported back.  I'm not sure if it was the same person (w/ an older tub) or a different person, but I vaguely remember someone whose significant other used some sort of lift to get them in the tub and they used it multiple times of day.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 09:29:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42