What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LA spa (paradise H-2) good one? yes-no?  (Read 9689 times)

Bama

LA spa (paradise H-2) good one? yes-no?
« on: July 19, 2006, 09:53:02 pm »
 ;D  Help...Anyone own a LA spa?  My hubby and I are looking at a LA spa-paradise H2 and Sundance Maximus.  I like both spas, however I'm most interested in quality of both.
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

LA spa (paradise H-2) good one? yes-no?
« on: July 19, 2006, 09:53:02 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: LA spa (paradise H-2) good one? yes-no?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 09:44:39 am »
Hi Bama,

Welcome to the board.

I'm not a salesperson, nor do I own an LA spa.  Funny there really hasn't been a lot of chatter lately around here with LA Spas.

There was a member: Salesdv who was/is an LA dealer. He could help get the ball rolling.

This forum also has a "search" feature"  that works Ok. You've got to pay attention to the date range feature to get the most out of it.  

I played with it for a bit, and found the following threads that discuss LA Spas:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1146186144;start=15
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1133741635;start=15
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1130100256;start=15

based soley on what these threads had posted let me try to give an unbaised summary:

LA spas are considered to be a decent spa. Not as big as some of the more popular tubs mentioned here, but I didn't see any posts that came out and said they were a problem

There seems to be some concerns over the warrenty. You may want to dig deeper to see if this is an actual concern, or just some folks bashing.

The company appears to have gone through some changes (owner) in the past few years.

There were some good comments on thier filterering system.

There were some discussions on the fact the LA spas are a TP tub, (Vs Full foam), and well that's a whole argument in of itself.

Hopefully some folks with practical knoweldge and experice can jump in.  I would advise that with any tub, you shop around and wet test.

Never buy off the internet.

Soooo, what have you been looking at for tubs? Have you wet tested any? Any thoughts inpressions?

What's your budget? Where do yuo live? do you like long walks on the beach?  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 09:53:42 am »
Salesdvl is a Regional rep who travels quite a bit. He will probably be along soon. I need to go check out the new store he just opened not far from my house. I haven't seen an LA spa in 4 years when a store from 90 miles away was at the State fair.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bama

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 03:42:36 pm »
 ;D  Thanks for the input guys.  I appreciate it.
I have looked at Sundance-Maximus, Cal Spa-CN26,
and LA spa-Paradise H2.  These are large spas.  Cal and LA are small swim spa size.  Any input on these models would be most welcome.

As far as walks on the beach...I'm a mountains/lakes kind of person.  LOL

hymbaw

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 05:09:10 pm »
I do sell them, so..........

I would place Sundance above those 2 brands(I think most dealers without bias would as well). I would also place CalSpa well below a LASpa. But that's just me!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 09:34:29 pm »
If your decision is down to L.A. or Sundance, I would say that either would be a great choice.  

L.A. did change ownership a few years ago and the new owners are committed to maiking L.A. a "world class" organization.

If there are any questions or anything I can help with, just let me know.

Dwayne   :)
Measure once, cut twice.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 10:10:47 pm »
Hey!

It's about time you showed up!

That world class business ... I live by a World Class Shoprite ... is that owned by LA Spas too? ;)

salesdvl

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 10:33:25 am »
perhaps.  I think eventually everything will be owned by a small number of people.
Measure once, cut twice.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 10:50:52 am »
perhaps.  I think eventually everything will be owned by a small number of people.

Someday all restaurants will be Taco Bell"
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 11:00:03 am »

Wow, impressive.   Salesdevil, they have this one on the floor at the new store?  Maybe Saturday I'll stop in for a look.

Model P99118
Seats: 8
Dimensions*: 92" X 133" X 35"
234cm x 338cm x 89cm
Total Jets: 66 (alt.jets: 52)
Total Therapy Ports: 118 (alt.ports: 78)
Water Volume: 650 gallons / 2,461 liters
Dry Weight: 1,025 lbs / 465 kg
Filled Weight: 6,420 lbs / 2,912 kg
Voltage/Amp: 240V, 60A
Pumps: 2-3     5 MBHP / 2.5 HP cont. each
Jet Selector Valves: 3
Aqua Klean* Filtration System: Yes
Spa Light: 12V
Pillows: 6
Thermo Plus Cabinet: Redwood or Coastal Gray
* All dimensions nominal. With Summit speaker system, add 8" (20cm) to total height

With a tub this size I would definitely buy a top of the line cover lifter, probably with gas shock assist.  
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 11:20:20 am by wmccall »

salesdvl

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 07:59:51 pm »
He just orderd one for a customer yesterday.  I think he should get another one for display.

So, what happened to Bama?
Measure once, cut twice.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 08:05:57 pm »
I saw something like that at a Vita showroom.

It was when I was just looking ... my first thought was this thing is huge ... my second thought was what the f*** you need something that big for. It appeared to be half the size of my pool!

Bama

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 01:53:30 pm »
Hi Ya'll,
Thanks for all the response!  Went yesterday to wet test a LA spa Solara.  It has the same seats as Paradise H2.  They dont stock H2, say it's too big.  Well...I really like it.  I just wish I knew more about the qualilty.
Warranty seen good enough, if they are good enough to honor it.  I liked a Cal spa as well, but I found a lot of negative feedback on the warranty.  It appears company will do anything to get out of warranty work.
This info is all online. Still looking for feed back kids....
stay cool!
Bama

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 03:06:50 pm »
I think there's not too much negative to say about LA, if there was I think you would read it.

People will say negative things about ALL manufacturers whether slight or "don't buy". Cal typically gets the latter.

I have a HS dealer by me selling Weslo tubs as their low end ... if he stands behind it (don't know) then it could be a great tub for someone looking to spend that amount of money vs buying it from Walmart.

Bama

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 10:44:47 am »
 WMCCCALL,

Thanks for pointing out the need for the lift with gas assist.  That is important for me since I am a puny weakling!!   I will take that to heart should we make the H2 our final choice.  So far, it is our choice.  Still doing some research tho.  Not much info out there on it, which makes it a bit frighting.
Thanks again.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 03:30:14 pm by Bama »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 10:44:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42