What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP! Price advice needed!  (Read 4080 times)

Razzman

HELP! Price advice needed!
« on: July 20, 2006, 02:55:09 pm »
New guy here. OK, so the wife and I have finally committed to taking the plunge and buy a spa. After checking all the choices in my area (Hot Springs, Sundance, Cal Spas, Coast & Marquis) we keep coming back to the Hot Springs due to features and quality. We'd originally settled on the Vanguard but the wife decided she likes the Envoy. The local dealer has a floor model 2006 Envoy in Champagne Opal/Espresso with the Spaudio System 1(which I didn't want) and the matching everwood steps and coverlift which he's offering for (gulp) $10,000! Now I don't know if that's a good price or not, he claims it's a discounted price due to being a floor model and a local sale deal. Can anyone tell me if it's a good deal or not, or should I try for a better deal? I'm in the California Central Valley for comparison.

Thanks,
Razzman

Hot Tub Forum

HELP! Price advice needed!
« on: July 20, 2006, 02:55:09 pm »

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: HELP! Price advice needed!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 03:06:01 pm »
When I was shopping I could have got the 2006 Vanguard in the low 7's.
10K seems nuts to me, even if it has the stereo.

What do you want to spend on a hot tub?

Razzman

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 03:41:52 pm »
I'd prefer to spend in the 6-7K range, but as we all know markets in a particular region are driven by the demand and what the public will spend. Out here, 6-7K gets you a basic spa with no amenities at all and half the time they have one pump. Now mind you, deals can be had but there's always a give and take. The local Sundance dealer wants $8800 for a new Optima, and that's the sale price and base level. Marquis wants $8200 for a Destiny for the same. I prefer to get the best i can as i don't need issues. The dealer want's $8400 for the Vanguard without stereo, see what I mean? I live 75 miles from the next nearest HS dealer, and even though he did qoute me a good deal without stereo, it's lost in delivery fees.

cappykat

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 04:07:00 pm »
I can tell you those are good prices on the Optima and the Destiny. We have a Marquis Epic and it is in the $10-11K range.  Almost a year ago we were looking at the Optima and I think we were quoted high 8's maybe even low 9's.  Oh, I'm in Florida.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 04:07:40 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 05:13:52 pm »
Have you checked into Catalina hot tubs at all.
We have had our 06 model for about 3 months now and love the tub, it is great.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 05:16:21 pm »
Brace your self! lol

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Razzman

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 05:23:15 pm »

Never heard of 'em, not in my region.

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 05:28:18 pm »
what are we bracing ourselves for wisoki.

hymbaw

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 05:39:39 pm »
The local Sundance dealer wants $8800 for a new Optima, and that's the sale price and base level.

The Envoy is a great tub, however........

The Optima is every bit as nice (if not nicer ;D) I would have a hard time justifying the extra $1200 for the Envoy if you don't want a stereo. If you do want a stereo they run about $1000 on a Sundance. If it's a lounger that your wife needs the Sundance dealer should be able to do $8800 on the Cameo(same size as Optima,different shell)

BTW - I sell the Optima & Cameo for $9500 so you did get a good price.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Razzman

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 06:17:07 pm »

The Envoy is a great tub, however........

The Optima is every bit as nice (if not nicer ;D) I would have a hard time justifying the extra $1200 for the Envoy if you don't want a stereo. If you do want a stereo they run about $1000 on a Sundance. If it's a lounger that your wife needs the Sundance dealer should be able to do $8800 on the Cameo(same size as Optima,different shell)

BTW - I sell the Optima & Cameo for $9500 so you did get a good price.

Well i just called the Sundance dealer for a second look/test and he happened to mention that they just started a floor model sale today with deep discounts. So i'm going to give 'em a second chance. Which brings up a question, every non-Sundance dealer i talk to says to stay away from 'em 'cause they just have a pine frame and it has problems with rot. Any truth to this? This is driving me nuts, not knowing squat about spas. Now if it was Harley's we we're talking about instead ...  ;D

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 07:39:10 pm »
With the whole frame thing, look at it this way- is your house's frame made of steel or wood?  Hot tubs have been made with wood frames for years, and the companies coming out with the steel ones are just trying to reinvent the wheel.

Both the Optima and the Envoy are great spas.  The one thing I love about the Envoy is with the back two seats.  When I use it, I take the Rotary jets out of the top of the seat next to the Captain's chair and replace them in the spot where the two directional jets are in the bottom of the other corner seat.  Then put the directionals in the other seat.

SpAudio I is a great stereo system and pretty revolutionary for the industry.  Check and see whether the unit has the old amplifier and transducer or the new one.

All being said and done, 10K is a great price for the spa even without the stereo.  Those Everwood steps are better than any others.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 07:40:18 pm »
Also, most dealers won't tell you this, but you can remove the SpAudio I system out of a tub and cover the small hole with a plate that just bears the SpAudio logo.

See if they'd be willing to do that if push comes to shove.

cappykat

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 08:26:35 pm »
If you can get a good deal on a floor model go for it.  Have you only looked at HotSprings and Sundance?  Might increase your search to some other brands and above all...WET TEST!
2005 Marquis Epic

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 10:57:28 pm »
 The one thing I love about the Envoy is with the back two seats.  When I use it, I take the Rotary jets out of the top of the seat next to the Captain's chair and replace them in the spot where the two directional jets are in the bottom of the other corner seat.  Then put the directionals in the other seat.

Thanks Giraffe. I think I'll try that tonight with my Envoy. Great idea.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Razzman

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 11:33:18 pm »
If you can get a good deal on a floor model go for it.  Have you only looked at HotSprings and Sundance?  Might increase your search to some other brands and above all...WET TEST!

No we've looked at all available in our area; Hot Springs, Sundance, Cal Spas, Coast & Marquis. The Marquis is ok, the Coast relies on goodies to sell 'em it seems (wasn't impressed with the test soak or quality) and Cal Spas? Let's just say you couldn't pay me to own one. The Costco units weren't even considered due to lack of warrenty and support.

So it's down to the Hot Springs Envoy or Vanguard and the Sundance Cameo. It's not so much about the money as it is about what you get for your money.

We wet tested the HS Envoy & Vanguard tonight and both are excellent choices IMO. I'm calling tomorrow morning to setup a test of the Sundance Cameo. However even though the Spaudio system on the HS Envoy was awesome, I can't justify the price so I'll order it without if that's our choice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 11:33:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42