What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Timing the Market  (Read 2508 times)

Gholead

• This space for rent
Timing the Market
« on: July 20, 2006, 01:02:59 pm »
Another spa buying question from a newbie:

Are there obvious and typical times of the year that you can get a better deal on a spa?  Do new spa models come out at a regular time across dealers the way new cars used to?  Does that provoke dealers into clearing out old models?  

And while we're at it-- what do you think about the prospect of buying a showroom model?  Is it worth the $1000-2000 price discount I'm seeing?

--Gholead

Hot Tub Forum

Timing the Market
« on: July 20, 2006, 01:02:59 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Timing the Market
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 02:49:18 pm »
And I thought we were talking the stock market!

But for this buy around the time new models are coming out.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 02:50:39 pm »
And I thought we were talking the stock market!

But for this buy around the time new models are coming out.

Which is.....

Do all (or the majority) of makers introduce new product lines around the same time (Jan-feb) Or do they play the auto game and introduce the models 6 months early?
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 03:03:37 pm »
 That sounds like a huge discount for a show room model.  In my case, the dealer got it in and a couple of months later I saw it as the one I wanted.  It did nothing else but sit there, outside of a few people climbing it and out of it on the floor.  You might get a bigger discount if he used it at a show or fair.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gholead

• This space for rent
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 03:26:57 pm »
The specific model I was thinking of when I wrote that was a D1 Chairman 2 with the massage sequencer add on.  I was told that this particular dealers price (pre-negotiation) for the Chairman 2 was ~9500 and that the massage sequencer was another ~1200.  Price for the showroom model (it had "just been reduced") was $8800.  

That model was being used for wet testing in the showroom at the time, though (we tried it)  ;D

--Chris

NittanyLion

• Fight on State...Roar Lions Roar!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 03:52:49 pm »
I would think one could find a good deal on a spa in late fall or winter, business has to slow then due to approaching cold which diminishes demand (cold up here in PA, approaching cool in South?) and the fact that I would think dealers want to clear out inventory which increases supply.  

That seems logical, but anyone know if its accurate?

hymbaw

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 05:12:34 pm »
The best time to find deals is Feb-April. Dealers are getting the new models in and will be anxious to clear out last years models.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

fatman

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 05:14:05 pm »
Try just before or just after Christmas. Chances are you will be the only one in the store.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 05:53:43 pm »
The best time to find deals is Feb-April. Dealers are getting the new models in and will be anxious to clear out last years models.

I agree, this is when my store offers the best deals on year end closeouts.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 07:29:37 pm »
We try to start clearing everything out by October.  February is when we absolutely want everything gone.

As to whether th eshowroom model is a good idea, I say yes.  Odds are that spa is more well-kept than you will ever be able to keep it.  But check with the dealer to ensure that the spa's warranty period doesn't go into effect until the spa is delivered to your home.

anne

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 10:33:47 pm »
Another advantage of a floor model is that if there were any kinks to work out when it was first getting set up and running, well, that is in the past. Mine was a year old at purchase time, and was a lot cheaper than a new one, and still had full warranty, etc.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 10:33:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42