What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A reason as to why  (Read 4544 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
A reason as to why
« on: July 19, 2006, 03:02:22 pm »
I just got off the phone with a very "seasoned" Hot Tub vet...As we discussed the different things going about in the industry...He mentioned that in his personal dealings and being in the industry for over 20 years, that in the comings and goings of different makers over the years that he had been involved with in way or another over 2 dozen makers and that there really are only about 8 to 10 ten today who it makes sense to buy from.....I post this because I think that sometimes people wonder why so many of the same makers get mentioned again and again and I think it is because experienced people within the industry simply know these guys have proved over time to for the "most" part do the right things and put out a good product and stand behind it after its sold....

Hot Tub Forum

A reason as to why
« on: July 19, 2006, 03:02:22 pm »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Re: A reason as to why
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 05:02:19 pm »
So are you going to tell us who those manufacturers are....

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 05:11:50 pm »
So are you going to tell us who those manufacturers are....

oh for I think for the most part you know who they are....perhaps a surprise here or there but I think most know the core list.....I am not trying to promote any maker with the post but just a general observation ....

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 06:03:55 pm »
Are you being coy? ::)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 07:09:27 pm »
no not at all.....I did not want to get into anything about who's better....I was just mentioning the reason as to why the same brands generally get recommomended....

anne

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 01:33:39 am »
Your friend says there might be 8-10 out there that are worthy, but there are only 4-5 that get a lot of press here.....why the discrepancy?
Dance like nobody's watching

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 02:10:47 am »
well....some are just smaller and and not mentioned as much but still make a good product....

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 06:58:23 am »
Your friend says there might be 8-10 out there that are worthy, but there are only 4-5 that get a lot of press here.....why the discrepancy?

my guess is that different people have different makers they like and trust.....maybe his list is longer?
RIP C-Rod

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 08:26:42 am »
Could be a simple matter of what's easily available in the area, or what's visible to the buying public.  In these parts the most visible spa brand is Cal Spa.  It's because they have a lot of stores- they're in a lot of malls in the area.  And they advertise on the radio and billboards way more than the others combined.
Master has a big ad in the paper.  
Sundance had a pretty big presence, they were sold by a local large furniture dealer, who has a lot of stores and advertised on TV.  But they stopped carrying spas, so now I don't even know who's selling Sundance around here.
Jacuzzi has several retailers, but isn't a big advertiser.
Suprisingly, Hot Springs isn't all that visible.  Not a big advertiser.  I couldn't even say where their stores are.
Watson's has a couple stores in the area, and they're on TV- but they keep changing the Spa brands they carry.  
There are several "Pool and Spa" stores peppered around, but they don't really advertise which brands of spa they carry.  

Brewman

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 08:50:56 am »
Same in our area. I have never heard of Hot Spring until I started doing the research. Arctic Spa dealer is big into advertising and that that's all I ever heard about for years.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 08:51:18 am by cooltoy2000 »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 08:57:20 am »
oh for I think for the most part you know who they are....perhaps a surprise here or there but I think most know the core list.....I am not trying to promote any maker with the post but just a general observation ....

So who would be the surprises?
07 Caldera Geneva

nicker

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 10:09:11 am »
I agree with what was said about area etc.  US to Canada also.   But yes there are probably only a hand full of good MFGs that have stood the test of time.

I bought a tub that I think is of very good quality.  2 1/2  years of ownership and still happy and 0 problems.  I beleive they were sold  mainly in Canada and North Western US.  The company was located in BC.  They also sold tubs to the UK area.  Now with that said the company is not longer in business.   I credit this to greed on their end.  The tubs they sold to dealers were top notch, they then decided hey lets get into the big box stores too so they decided to make a cheaper entry level tub for them and sold them at Rona etc.  Well during this they could not keep up with the Tub stores that were sellign their premium brand.   Waiting times for deliveries got longer and longer as they seemed to be only focusing on their lower end spas.  I guess the thought of push out large numbers of the cheaper tubs and make more money.

Stay with what got you there, quality and customer service always carries weight.  And that is why you have the hand full still in business since day 1.  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 10:19:14 am »
Here in our area, most dealers rely on word of mouth and don't use TV or radio ads that much.  The exception is the HS/Cal dealer and they are also a billiards/patio/pool superstore.  Their TV ads are pretty much canned footage.

Royal Spas just moved in and have done a couple of radio ads.

The local Master dealer doesn't advertise, but are known for their pink trucks.  If you mention a hot tub dealer around here, people will say, "Are they the ones with the pink trucks?"  So I'd have to say that is well spent ad dollars.

My dealer did one TV ad one time using an endorsement from the then Ohio State football coach.  This ad caused a huge stink and was featured on the news for months. Since then no OSU coach will do a TV ad except for local charities.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 01:32:02 pm »

So who would be the surprises?

I'll give you two Hydropool and Nordic....this is from someone who has been involved with many makers and was speaking about company's who simply do a good job of putting out a products that are of good quality and also who have the staying power to stand behind them after they are sold...he was impressed with Hyrdopool commitment to its dealers which filters down the end user (customer) and Nordic for their value...of course most of the better known names.....Watkins and their lines, Sundance/jacuzzi, Marquis, Coleman. D-1..I am leaving off one or two others but it was just conversation....

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 01:39:48 pm »
I'll give you two Hydropool and Nordic....this is from someone who has been involved with many makers and was speaking about company's who simply do a good job of putting out a products that are of good quality and also who have the staying power to stand behind them after they are sold...he was impressed with Hyrdopool commitment to its dealers which filters down the end user (customer) and Nordic for their value...of course most of the better known names.....Watkins and their lines, Sundance/jacuzzi, Marquis, Coleman. D-1..I am leaving off one or two others but it was just conversation....

I owned a 99 Nordic (got it used) and I'd have to disagree with you.  But that's based only on my single experince. Perhpas things are different now, or my tub was a very rare exception.

I understand, your'e just sayin...and we'll keep the tone here civil.  ;)

thanks for the reply.
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 01:39:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42