What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: N2 and Free Chlorine  (Read 5010 times)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: N2 and Free Chlorine
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 05:50:52 pm »
There is research out there that shows that a combination of silver ions and chlorine together make an incredible combination in fighting all sorts of bugs in water.  The silver weakens the outer shell of bacteria and chlorine just explodes what is left.  Whether the N2 stick provides enough silver to do a credible job is open to discussion and of course you don't need the silver for chorine to do a good job, but it sure makes sense explaining the ability to sanitize with a lower free chlorine level.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 05:50:52 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 10:16:38 am »
The only benefit of N2 (or ozone, for that matter) to me is the ability to skip dosing the tub if the tub is not being used.  With N2, I would expect a tub to go 3 or 4 days with no dichlor with no cloudiness problems.  My experience shows however, that I can't go two full days without adding dichlor, even with N2 in use and not using the tub!  So if I am going to have to add dichlor every day, I would rather just skip the other alleged sanitizers.

Do you have ozone?  I have gone a week (no N2) without opening the cover and the water was perfect.  
07 Caldera Geneva

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 10:29:21 am »
I do (CD), and I have a service request into my dealer because I think it isn't working.  They are coming out next week.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 10:29:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42