What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vanguard- Why no Tri X Filters?  (Read 8849 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Vanguard- Why no Tri X Filters?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 10:11:11 am »
Drew isn't the Grandee deeper than the Vanguard. I was under the impression that it is. Keep in mind I have not wet tested the Vanguard or Grandee. I guess I will still consider the Grandee but honestly most of the time it will just be my wife and I in the tub. When we do have friends and family over it is rarely groups larger than 8-10 people.

Also the grandee is a couple $grand more than the vanguard and I just can't see spending that much more money unless there is an amazing difference between the two tubs.

If anyone else has earth shattering reasons to get the Grandee instead of the Vanguard let me know. We are going to be purchasing a tub summer of 2007 so I have a lot of time to decide and save $. :)

I'm not sure. Worth a look though.

The Grandee is  8'4" x  by 7'7"  x  38"  and is 500 gal.

The Vanguard is  7'3" x 7'3" x  36"  and is 400 gallon.

I tried figruing out volumes, but that just tells me that yes, both tubs have different gallon capacities....duh. I think the  key is the seats, thier depth, and angle.  ?

There is a 2" difference in height, but this could be deceiving.   My tiger river is the same depth as the Vanguard, but when I sat in the Vanguard, I was drowning.   ???

And I hear you on price....a few grand is significant to me, and you hit a point, where how much is enough?  ;)  I'm more just playing devil's advocate here, than trying to  sway you.   :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 10:26:33 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 10:11:11 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 11:08:07 am »
Drew isn't the Grandee deeper than the Vanguard. I was under the impression that it is.
Grandee is 38" tall while the Vangaurd is 36" tall. The seating depth is the same, but you have a bit more freeboard to fill the Grandee - as you add people and the water level climbs, you will have a deeper spa.

I guess I will still consider the Grandee but honestly most of the time it will just be my wife and I in the tub. When we do have friends and family over it is rarely groups larger than 8-10 people.
Most of the time any spa gets used it is one or two people. I still have a Grandee (most of the time) because I like the extra seating options. Also, the Grandee now has twin Motos in two seats. I really like that - as soon as I sell my older Grandee I'm going to replace it with a new Grandee.

Also the grandee is a couple $grand more than the vanguard and I just can't see spending that much more money unless there is an amazing difference between the two tubs.

If anyone else has earth shattering reasons to get the Grandee instead of the Vanguard let me know. We are going to be purchasing a tub summer of 2007 so I have a lot of time to decide and save $. :)
We have it at only $1000 more than the Vangaurd, but YMMV. I would pay the extra grand because I'm worth it!
;) Get the spa you like. You'll have the thing for a long time, and the difference will be forgotten the first time you soak.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

cburk0677

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 11:14:01 am »
Thanks for the replies. One other thing I am curious about. The Vanguard is rated as EE or extremely energy efficient. Would the operating costs vary a great deal between the Grandee and Vanguard? I'm going to need all the ammo I can get to convince my wife to get the Grandee, lol! She doesn't go for the oh it looks way cooler line....
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 11:22:36 am by cburk0677 »
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 11:14:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42