What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Destiny?  (Read 8749 times)

bohms4

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Marquis Destiny?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 07:34:22 pm »
Thanks.  The price difference betweein the Destiny and the upgraded 630 at the dealer we went to was $1249.  Destiny is $9060 and the upgraded 630 is $7811.  DPS - I'm surprised to see that you're more expensive down there in Northern Texas than we are here in Northern NJ....20 minutes from NYC.  Seems odd to me.  Being that the differece in prices between the two are only $1249 my assumption is that you would spring for the Destiny, right?  I appreciate everyone's help.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 07:34:22 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 01:17:43 am »
$11,310 is our price on the Epic.  The Epic is an awesome tub, my favorite.  It is also Marquis #1 selling spa nationwide.  The only other thing I would suggest is printing out the $200 internet coupon off the Marquis website and see if the dealer will honor it.  What dealer are you working with?

Ouch, prices sure have gone up since I was looking last year. http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/reviews.cgi?view=product&pid=381&rid=665&pg=2&sort=&search=

Wet test all three models and see which one fits you the best. The Epic will be hard to beat if price isn't a concern. Good luck. Let us know which one you go with.

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

MarKee

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 04:27:30 am »
bohms4: for that price difference, I would definitely get the Destiny.  If you want to save a little on price, ask if you can buy the spa without the in-home spa monitor.  Also, how much does your local dealer sell the Epic for?

Gomboman:  Prices did increase from last year.  Unlike technology, spa prices have been rising dramtically instead of dropping.  Marquis experienced 3 or 4 price increases last year alone that most dealers passed on to the customers.  Most people fail to realize that a large majority of a hot tub is  some sort of plastic, and plastic is made with oil.  Not to mention the freight costs to get that oil product to the consumer have sky rocketed as well.  Part of the reason for the price increase from last year, the Marquis in-home spa monitor is now included standard with all Marquis two pump spas, whereas it wasn't standard and built in to the price last year.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 04:28:56 am by Hideaway_King »

bohms4

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 12:54:27 pm »
The Epic is a tad too big - only 6 inches bigger on each side but it makes a difference.  My dealer gave us a price of $10,296 on the Epic.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 04:10:13 pm »
On the CD ozone question, I was just looking for a straight answer, which you all provided.  Not meaning to slam...
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 04:51:20 pm »
Dan,

I apologize if I misread your intention ...Depending on where someone is shopping they sometimes seem to think there is only one type of a ozone unit available or that if it is a UV type than they are all the same....which they are not....the unit Marquis uses which is a balboa unit has proven to be very reliable and very consistent with the amount of ozone it produces....

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 11:29:44 pm »
In other words, Marquis do not come with CD ozone....

Sorry, this looked kinda smart assed to me.

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 11:32:29 pm »
Yes, bohms4, with the prices that close I would opt for the Destiny.

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 03:32:23 pm »
Bohms I just sent you a PM......

MarKee

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 12:18:15 am »
So what did you decide on?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 12:18:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42