What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Electrical Question - Caldera Niagara  (Read 2339 times)

orourkeva

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Electrical Question - Caldera Niagara
« on: July 08, 2006, 10:19:29 pm »
My husband and I just recently took delivery on our Caldera Niagara.  ;D Unfortunately we are having some electrical challenges that we hope someone with a bit more experience can help us trouble shoot.   ::)

When we turn the power on to the tub, the lights come on and the auxiliary control panel lights up but the main one does not.  And when we look at the circuit board, there is a red light blinking which is marked as "control panel unplugged".  We live off of a rather bumpy gravel road and wonder if something could have jiggled loose in delivery?  

We haven't contacted our dealer yet as it is late and they aren't open till noon tomorrow but I thought I would throw the question out here as I have found this forum to be very helpful and filled with knowledgeable individuals....

Any thoughts? ???

Hot Tub Forum

Electrical Question - Caldera Niagara
« on: July 08, 2006, 10:19:29 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Electrical Question - Caldera Niagara
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 12:06:23 am »
 I don't know anything about this brand of spa, but from what you describe, it sounds like some connection has come undone.  Maybe there is a plug for the control panel that jarred loose, or was never done to begin with.
Unless it's extremely apparent to you how to reconnect, I'd let the dealer take care of this.  At this point it's on their dime.  If you mess around yourself, it may become more your problem.  

Brewman

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 12:08:37 am »
Yes, I would call the dealer. I'm suprised they didn't hang around long enough to make sure everything was working correctly. I'm sure you'll be running soon.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 04:11:38 am »
Yes, I would call the dealer. I'm suprised they didn't hang around long enough to make sure everything was working correctly. I'm sure you'll be running soon.

Jeff- I can't hang around and wait 30-40 minutes for the spa to be filled. That is why dealers don't stay. We have to deliver other people's spa.

But the electricians we recommend will fill the tub and check to make sure that everything is working properly so that kind of makes up for it.

kysteelerja

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 02:47:28 pm »
my dealer stayed and made sure everything was in working condition, educated us (best he could lol) on chemical use and called us back the next day to make sure we were happy. the tub was a floor model, so we had to give him a 3 day  notice for delivery, think he schedules 3 installs a day. was happy with that aspect of it, would rather wait a day or two and have him stay on site till all was up and running.

orourkeva

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 04:01:59 pm »
Thanks to everyone for their responses.  After a fresh look this morning, my husband switched a couple of wires on the breaker box and all is working.  Temperature is at 85 degrees and climbing.

And our dealer did offer a class at their showroom where they went through the basics and discussed chemicals.  They have also been very responsive to our calls (as they were today once they opened).

Very happy all around and anticipating our first soak! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 04:01:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42